• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Screen ProTech Automotive Interior Films

ProTechTacos

2️⃣ Bronze
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Tacoma Owners and Fans!

We will be making an effort to stay connected with the automotive community through forums since that is how we would rather spend our marketing budget! This industry has been so good to us and we want to start giving back!
Our special discount code T3G15 for 15% off your Screen ProTech order is still live!

Did you know that, besides being incredibly annoying, the oils from your fingers are very damaging to your screens.
They will actually break down the coatings the screens have embedded.
Also, as you have to constantly wipe the fingerprints from your screens no matter how careful you are, fine scratches will appear.

So let's solve the issue before it's an issue with a T3G15 15% off code.

What makes us different? We have been doing this for over 10 years with the largest pattern library in the world! Our patented design process allows us to make the most accurate patterns in the global industry. Lastly, our film is NOT a PPF film developed to protect paint. Our film was developed specifically for automotive screens. Providing incredible clarity and a feel that is slick to the touch so your fingers glide across the screen. This helps all but eliminate those annoying fingerprints.
Give us a shot and you won't be disappointed.

-Screen ProTech
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkqp0punok&t=127s

Last edited:
Put this on when I first got my truck. Easy install with your install solution and no bubbles. Can hardly tell it's even there but fantastic for fingerprints.

Was hoping it would help with the glare a bit more, but at least it has protection.

Hmmmm....I have some un-assigned cash. I think I'll grab these for the Truck and the Tesla.

Put this on when I first got my truck. Easy install with your install solution and no bubbles. Can hardly tell it's even there but fantastic for fingerprints.

Was hoping it would help with the glare a bit more, but at least it has protection.
We do also have an Anti-Glare film if you would like to give that a try!

Hmmmm....I have some un-assigned cash. I think I'll grab these for the Truck and the Tesla.
If you still haven't purchased a kit for your Tesla & Tacoma yet, be sure to use T3G15 at checkout for a discount!

We would also LOVE if you posted a thread on here with a review!

If you still haven't purchased a kit for your Tesla & Tacoma yet, be sure to use T3G15 at checkout for a discount!

I used the code and it should be showing up in a few days. I'll probably end up doing a video on both.

Although considering how backed up I am with videos it probably won't get published until summer

I used the code and it should be showing up in a few days. I'll probably end up doing a video on both.

Although considering how backed up I am with videos it probably won't get published until summer
Oh sweet!! I love to hear that. The suspense will be killing me but we are excited to see it when you get around to it!
Be sure to follow the installation instructions and both installs will be a breeze!

With regard to the Tesla, I recommend installing it at a time when you are done driving for the day. Turn on Screen Cleaning Mode or have the car completely off. Sometimes those screens thinks the moisture/bubbles are fingertips so it can act a little erratic but once it dries it will be completely fine and look amazing!
So, it's best to install and then let it sit overnight to cure.
I have installed on plenty of Teslas so I am speaking from experience but like I said, once it dries, it will look amazing!

Don't just take my word for it, listen to what this customer has to say:
Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmPKnQFJcO7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Oh sweet!! I love to hear that. The suspense will be killing me but we are excited to see it when you get around to it!
Be sure to follow the installation instructions and both installs will be a breeze!

With regard to the Tesla, I recommend installing it at a time when you are done driving for the day. Turn on Screen Cleaning Mode or have the car completely off. Sometimes those screens thinks the moisture/bubbles are fingertips so it can act a little erratic but once it dries it will be completely fine and look amazing!
So, it's best to install and then let it sit overnight to cure.
I have installed on plenty of Teslas so I am speaking from experience but like I said, once it dries, it will look amazing!

Don't just take my word for it, listen to what this customer has to say:
Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmPKnQFJcO7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
Thanks for the tip!

Do you have templates for Sony head units?
Had the JBL, PX6 and thinking about switching to a Sony XAV AX 8100.

We have some designed but definitely not all of them, and we do not have them listed on the website.
I wish I knew what we have off the top of my head but I would need to check our design computer and I am not at the shop today.
Please email cs@screenprotech.com and our customer service team will be able to answer that for you and if we have the screen designed, they can create a custom order for you.

We have some designed but definitely not all of them, and we do not have them listed on the website.
I wish I knew what we have off the top of my head but I would need to check our design computer and I am not at the shop today.
Please email cs@screenprotech.com and our customer service team will be able to answer that for you and if we have the screen designed, they can create a custom order for you.
I just have to figure out what I'm gonna do.

Well definitely reach out when you know. A lot of Tacoma owners replace the factory nav with the Stinger Heigh10 unit and I know we have that one already designed!

Do screen protectors also work with resistive screens or only capacitive?
I am not sure which vehicles have resistive screens and which have capacitive, but we have installed on thousands of different vehicles all over the world and haven't had any issues. If it is available on our website, I guarantee it works well with the screens it was designed to protect.

I am not sure which vehicles have resistive screens and which have capacitive, but we have installed on thousands of different vehicles all over the world and haven't had any issues. If it is available on our website, I guarantee it works well with the screens it was designed to protect.

Resistive is the matte ones that almost feel mushy. Sort of like a pillow and has a little give. Like most touch screen monitors. Could probably cut it open with a razor.

Capacitive is the hard glass or plastic ones. Razor would just glide across.

Since I liked the interior protection I tried the B pillar vinyl. I bought the black ones over the clear.
The true test will be after a few more pinstripe sessions to see how they hold up but the initial difference is clear.
Took this shot during install. That little bubble in the middle did go away after a few hours.
1679285815343.png

We do also have an Anti-Glare film if you would like to give that a try!
Do you have an anti-glare version that will fit the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX display?

And do you have comparison photos of the standard vs anti-glare?

Last edited:
Resistive is the matte ones that almost feel mushy. Sort of like a pillow and has a little give. Like most touch screen monitors. Could probably cut it open with a razor.

Capacitive is the hard glass or plastic ones. Razor would just glide across.
Interesting. I learned something new about touch screens today. We have installed on TONS of different makes/models, with both resistive and capacitive screens and have never had any issues.
We have both an HD and an Anti-Glare (matte) film available so the anti-glare film would probably work better for the resistive screens and either film would work for the capacitive screens. That would be a matter of personal preference.

Do you have an anti-glare version that will fit the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX display?

And do you have comparison photos of the standard vs anti-glare?
I believe we do have that Pioneer screen designed but we do not have it listed so I would need to push through a custom order for you.
Regarding a good comparison, the best video we have is this install video from TRD Jon on YouTube. He installs both the HD and Anti-Glare film on his 2022 Tundra display so you can see the difference

I believe we do have that Pioneer screen designed but we do not have it listed so I would need to push through a custom order for you.
Regarding a good comparison, the best video we have is this install video from TRD Jon on YouTube. He installs both the HD and Anti-Glare film on his 2022 Tundra display so you can see the difference
Thank you for that. Can you shoot me a PM with whatever is needed to grab a matte protector for the 6600 please?

Thank you for that. Can you shoot me a PM with whatever is needed to grab a matte protector for the 6600 please?
Yes, let me get confirmation that we do have the 6600 designed and then I will reach out.

Yes, let me get confirmation that we do have the 6600 designed and then I will reach out.
Thanks. If not, it's no biggie - I didn't realize this came with a protector already on it.

@ProTechTacos, wondering if you have pillar protective film for my '23 access cab

I did not want to order for the double cab and pay for additional film I do not need

Back