• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Scrambled dash display

Snow Squall

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
Anyone ever get this before?

dash.jpg

I was just grabbing something out of the truck after it had been off for about 4 hours. Started it, no change (image). Shut it off, got out, locked it, opened it, no change.

Let it sit for 5 minutes, back to normal.

Got a sneaking suspicion this may not be the only time this happens. We shall see.

~1450 miles.

Wow! I have never heard or seen that before! This is a 2020?

Take it into the dealer and show them the pic. Tell them it happens more than it does too. With the pic they shouldn’t have to re-create the issue and hopefully just replace the entire gauge cluster.

Yeah definitely haven’t seen this before, I am actually impressed that it would do that.

I’d be curious to hear what the dealer says, if they even look into it, I know they like to replicate the issue and if they can’t, we’ll ya know.

I’m seeing more more of this being posted online for the newer years. No idea of cause yet. Get ready for a dealer warranty visit :(

If it happens again, I'll take video of it and what I do to try to remedy it. Like I said, the couple things I tried didn't work... it fixed itself after like an hour or so.

This just happened to mine about 20 min ago. Hoping once I get back in, it will be back to normal. fingers crossed.

Looks like interference., could be a ground or two data connections making contact.
Possibly from a connector, even a steering wheel switch or a de-shieled wire.

It is either an easy fix or a PITA if it's a wire.
Dealer will run a test a probably replace a harness.

What model/year is the truck?

Looks like interference., could be a ground or two data connections making contact.
Possibly from a connector, even a steering wheel switch or a de-shieled wire.

It is either an easy fix or a PITA if it's a wire.
Dealer will run a test a probably replace a harness.

What model/year is the truck?

Thanks for the info. 2020 Tacoma Trd Pro

Back