• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

San Diego to Montana Road trip

SD_Steve

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Barcelona Red
Hey Everyone,

Going for a road trip the first week of March from San Diego to Montana. Haven’t really planned it out yet and wanted to reach out here and see if anyone had any cool suggestions ie: places to check out, national parks, food, etc. any suggestions are welcome!

Depends on your route. You going through Oregon at all?

No pretty much the 15 the whole way so through Vegas to Utah to Idaho then Montana

I was actually pretty disappointed with Zion. I thought the nearby Snow Canyon State Park was pretty amazing though. Less crowded and cheaper as well.

Valley of Fire State Park was worth a trip as well

Disappointed by Zion?? You're crazy. Did you do the Narrows hike or Angels Landing? Both are epic.

Valley of Fire is worth it for sure.

Disappointed by Zion?? You're crazy. Did you do the Narrows hike or Angels Landing? Both are epic.

Valley of Fire is worth it for sure.
I think it was just over sold to me. I've visited a lot of national parks and Zion just didn't blow my mind as I was expecting. I was there at the wrong time of year to hike the Narrows. I did do Pine Creek Canyon Overlook and that was pretty impressive.

Zion is cool. Make sure to do the Angel's landing hike, it'll make the trip worthwhile. Also, early morning hikes in Zion with sunrises also add a good deal. And drive through the park to the back side, where there are some cool places to pull off the side of the road and hike off on unmarked trails (around checkerboard mesa is especially cool).

But, as RevN3 said, it is, after all, merely a big ditch in the ground for water run-off.

I don't expect the roads are clear enough in March to do Yellowstone. Now there is a proper National Park!

Back