Safety: First Aid Kits

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tacoma.prod

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
Team -- Not exactly the most exciting thread, but I think a thread that needs to be put out there. Would like to start this one for those beginner off-roaders / overlanders and if they need a list of MUST HAVES for their first aid kits. Obviously, you can get one of those pre-packaged first aid kits, but even those may or may not everything that you may need.

Aside from a standard first-aid kit, below are some other items recommended:
- extra surgical gloves
- small bottle of rubbing alcohol
- a tourniquet
- car escape tool (not really a first-aid item, but def required)
- emergency thermal blanket

Again, not the most exciting thread but something worth considering when headed out their on the trails.

r/ PROD

ShikyoX

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
A good hiking first aid will have all your first aid needs a multi day pack or pack meant for multiply people
Matches , lighter (something to start s fire)
Flash light
Spare batteries for flash light
Portable emergency power for your phone and satellite phone etc
A few rations
Extra gloves
Clean water on reserve
Emergency blanket
Emergency flare (I have the battery powered, flashes ,solid,sos."can be seen for a mile or 2)
CB radio or satellite phone
Sticking to a planned route(and notifying one of the route)
Spare clothing in case weather changes etc

Last edited:

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Team -- Not exactly the most exciting thread, but I think a thread that needs to be put out there. Would like to start this one for those beginner off-roaders / overlanders and if they need a list of MUST HAVES for their first aid kits. Obviously, you can get one of those pre-packaged first aid kits, but even those may or may not everything that you may need.

Aside from a standard first-aid kit, below are some other items recommended:
- extra surgical gloves
- small bottle of rubbing alcohol
- a tourniquet
- car escape tool (not really a first-aid item, but def required)
- emergency thermal blanket

Again, not the most exciting thread but something worth considering when headed out their on the trails.

r/ PROD
I always have two with me, i also carry two types of quick clot, and Israeli bandages. never know when you'll come across a gsw or somebody who's been impaled

Top Bottom