• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Saboltoothtiger's Super White DCSB OR MT

saboltoothtiger

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
I've been lurking on here since early March, made an account a few weeks ago, then finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 Super White DCSB OR MT last weekend.
This is my first truck and first Toyota. I have been driving and modifying Jeeps since I started driving (never owned anything else), but found it was time to move on to something way more practical. Also, with the deals that some dealerships are offering in the wake of the Rona and what I got for a trade in, it was hard to pass up a Tacoma.
I'll use this thread as as build thread, but things are going to be slow. I'd like to drive the Tacoma stock for a while to see what it's capable of before doing any serious modifications, but also to wear out the stock tires a little before upgrading wheels, tires, and maybe suspension.

Thanks everyone for making this an awesome community!

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
NICE rig! i just ordered the exact same but in Auto. Also from the Jeep community (wife still has one) but excited to see what we can do with a Taco! Good luck with your build

Hello!

Welcome to Tacoma3g! Congrats on your new Tacoma!

looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

Here's where the modifications come and the money goes...

18 months of keeping it bone stock and the original tires were toast at about 24,000 miles.

Thanks to Roman @NEO Motorsport Garage for the parts and service!

Suspension:
Front: Bilstein 6112 with HD springs
Rear: Bilstein 5160
Leafs: Icon RXT
UCA: SPC
ECGS Clamshell Bushing

Wheels/Tires:
17" Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Wheels, 7" wide, 4mm offset
Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.50R17

Permanent Modifications:
CMC
Pinch weld trimming
Fender trimming

Notes:
The truck drives like a truck now. The suspension is stiffer than stock, but not jarring. The tires balanced nicely and also contribute to it driving like a truck. Overall it feels more planted and stable (minimized body roll while turning, minimized nose dive while braking, and better traction). Caster is set at 2.9° DS and 3.1° PS. I don't have any rubbing currently, but also haven't flexed it to the stops yet. The only negative things so far are the gas mileage (went from ~20mpg to ~15mpg) and the loss of whatever "get-up-and-go" it ever had. I don't know how anyone with an automatic transmission and 3.73s does 35s. I'll be going to 4.88s or 5.29s at some point.
PSlow.jpg
PS.jpg
FS.jpg
DS.jpg

Here's where the modifications come and the money goes...

18 months of keeping it bone stock and the original tires were toast at about 24,000 miles.

Thanks to Roman @NEO Motorsport Garage for the parts and service!

Suspension:
Front: Bilstein 6112 with HD springs
Rear: Bilstein 5160
Leafs: Icon RXT
UCA: SPC
ECGS Clamshell Bushing

Wheels/Tires:
17" Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Wheels, 7" wide, 4mm offset
Kenda Klever R/T 35x10.50R17

Permanent Modifications:
CMC
Pinch weld trimming
Fender trimming

Notes:
The truck drives like a truck now. The suspension is stiffer than stock, but not jarring. The tires balanced nicely and also contribute to it driving like a truck. Overall it feels more planted and stable (minimized body roll while turning, minimized nose dive while braking, and better traction). Caster is set at 2.9° DS and 3.1° PS. I don't have any rubbing currently, but also haven't flexed it to the stops yet. The only negative things so far are the gas mileage (went from ~20mpg to ~15mpg) and the loss of whatever "get-up-and-go" it ever had. I don't know how anyone with an automatic transmission and 3.73s does 35s. I'll be going to 4.88s or 5.29s at some point.
PSlow.jpg
PS.jpg
FS.jpg
DS.jpg
Came out so freakin good man! Thank you again!

Nice progress. Looks great.

Back