• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rockcrawler. Marlin Crawler RCLT on Dirt Lifestyle’s truck

I was just about to post this. Really cool build. I can see him even taking it up another level at some point this year.

Like he said in the video, I think he needs to get rid of the wide fenders. They're not for this build.

Been watching this series, wish I had the money and fab skills this guy does!

My deposit has been placed for that 3.5+ marlin kit! Now just to wait till late summer to start the long travel build on mine
Like was just mentioned i would love to have the fab skills to put together the rear link kit myself but i just dont think i do hahaha.
Front seems simple enough tho!

Yea nate really did kill it on this build

Been watching this series, wish I had the money and fab skills this guy does!
His content is great in that it makes me confidently feel like I could learn how to do that stuff. One day I do hope to get moderately decent at custom fab.

My deposit has been placed for that 3.5+ marlin kit! Now just to wait till late summer to start the long travel build on mine
Like was just mentioned i would love to have the fab skills to put together the rear link kit myself but i just dont think i do hahaha.
Front seems simple enough tho!

Yea nate really did kill it on this build
Congrats on the kit! Do they take deposits from anyone at anytime? Or do they only have a certain amount of deposit slots open to not take on more than they can handle? This kit or a solid axle is on my build list for whenever I finally take my truck out of “van life” mode. Maybe next year.

Congrats on the kit! Do they take deposits from anyone at anytime? Or do they only have a certain amount of deposit slots open to not take on more than they can handle? This kit or a solid axle is on my build list for whenever I finally take my truck out of “van life” mode. Maybe next year.
Im not sure! my deposit went through just like i was purchasing something, the reason i said deposit is that there is a mega lead time on them right now.

there is a mega lead time on them right now.
I know. And Marlin has a great and longstanding reputation in the crawling community so it should be fine. But he must be absolutely overwhelmed with supply vs demand, especially with the state of materials right now (covid).

Anyway, after seeing Nate's video and the flexing on the rock in the video thumbnail, what do you guys think?

Does it seem as promising as the claim Marlin has of being more functional than a solid axle? They do look pretty dang convincing. I was especially impressed that Nate could fit 38" tires with no cab mount chop at all!

@Tacomadad18 - I know the RCLT was on your radar.

I haven't done price comparisons, but I believe going straight axle would be more cost effective. Personally I wanted to keep the IFS on my rig and have the ability to do technical trails as well as bomb a desert without breaking components, so the RCLT hopefully will serve this purpose. If I want a straight axle it will be time to start a whole different build...bottom line its what you want the vehicle to do / purpose and what your willing to spend has a determining factor on how one gets there!

Back