• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Road Trip!

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Leaving from the Phoenix area at the end of September for a trip up north. Going to be heading to Las Vegas, Salt Lake, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, back south to Zion, then back home. Looking for suggestions.

Any good off-road/hiking trails close to the route we are taking?
Any prime camping spots to look for near the parks mentioned above? Preferably dispersed sites.
Restaurants, roadside attractions, etc are also welcome.
Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 11.04.46 PM.png

Man, sounds awesome! Have an awesome time. Haven't explored many of those areas myself yet but I am definitely very envious

Man, sounds awesome! Have an awesome time. Haven't explored many of those areas myself yet but I am definitely very envious
Thanks man. I'm stoked. I'll make a thread when I get back with photos and videos. One of the guys I'm going with is documenting the whole trip. And I'll be taking a ton of photos along the way.

Definitely looking forward to the trip report. You're hitting quite a few places that are on our list. Hope you have an amazing time.

Looks like a great trip, hope your weather holds.

For this route, I'm partial to the hiking in the Tetons, the tourists should not be so bad this late.

Breakfasts in Jackson are Cafe Genevieve or the Bunnery or Persephone Bakery. Snake River Brewing is a safe bet if you like beer and decent food. Lots of eating options in town.

Dispersed camping is harder to find (but not impossible) near a national park, Gros Ventre campground is well-located if you're in the area a day or two. More options around West Yellowstone.

Looks like a great trip, hope your weather holds.

For this route, I'm partial to the hiking in the Tetons, the tourists should not be so bad this late.

Breakfasts in Jackson are Cafe Genevieve or the Bunnery or Persephone Bakery. Snake River Brewing is a safe bet if you like beer and decent food. Lots of eating options in town.

Dispersed camping is harder to find (but not impossible) near a national park, Gros Ventre campground is well-located if you're in the area a day or two. More options around West Yellowstone.
Awesome thank you! Sounds like we are going to do a bit of hiking on the trip. Hoping to explore some restaurants in the areas as well, but we will ne camping for the most part. I appreciate the camp spot as well I will check it out!

Looks like an amazing trip! Good luck and looking forward to the pics!

We did that trip a couple years back. The fly fishing was outstanding. After glacier we went to Watertown International Peace Park in Canada then on to the Olympic National Park in WA.

Late to the party here right before your trip but a couple of suggestions if it is not too late:

Just west of Las Vegas is the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. Tons of cool hiking trails and very photogenic. I stop in every time I am in Vegas. Just a few miles from town, super easy to get to. https://www.blm.gov/programs/national-conservation-lands/nevada/red-rock-canyon

Adjacent to Red Rock is a Nevada State Park called Spring Mountain Ranch State Park. It is a cool "oasis" in the mountains, some good local history and an artesian well. You could hit both Red Rock and Spring Mountain in one trip, they are right next to each other. http://parks.nv.gov/parks/spring-mountain-ranch

Safe travels and looking forward to a (photo-heavy) trip report....

Back