• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electrical relay/fuse box relocation

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Does anyone else have this small relay/fuse box that's bolted to the fender next to the main relay/fuse box? I just installed my power trays and need to figure out a spot and way to relocate and mount it. I'm thinking about just screwing it to the main fuse box but I'd like to hear everyone's input.

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 133
Does anyone else have this small relay/fuse box that's bolted to the fender next to the main relay/fuse box? I just installed my power trays and need to figure out a spot and way to relocate and mount it. I'm thinking about just screwing it to the main fuse box but I'd like to hear everyone's input.
My 2020 TRD Sport does not. Used truck? I'm thinking aftermarket something or another.

My 2020 TRD Sport does not. Used truck? I'm thinking aftermarket something or another.
nope, bought it brand new. Only thing I can think of is it might go to the additional fan that was added to my a/c system. The wire loom is factory but I haven't traced where it goes. Guess I might have to try and find its end.

nope, bought it brand new. Only thing I can think of is it might go to the additional fan that was added to my a/c system. The wire loom is factory but I haven't traced where it goes. Guess I might have to try and find its end.
That would be it then most likely as electric fans have huge amperage draw on start up. If you want to be sure then check one of the leads out of the box, betting a wire or two run to the fan(s). The other way is to have someone kick the AC on while you listen to that box, you should hear the relay(s) kick over.

That would be it then most likely as electric fans have huge amperage draw on start up. If you want to be sure then check one of the leads out of the box, betting a wire or two run to the fan(s). The other way is to have someone kick the AC on while you listen to that box, you should hear the relay(s) kick over.
Okay good idea, I'll have to try that

Can you stuff it under the panel you made, next to the factory fuse box? I have some space under there on mine where there’s an additional relay box. Not sure if it’s the same box or not

Can you stuff it under the panel you made, next to the factory fuse box? I have some space under there on mine where there’s an additional relay box. Not sure if it’s the same box or not
Doesn’t seem like the harness is long enough. I have that small fuse box next to the main fuse box as well. This is another small one most likely for the second fan the dealership installed. Might just use some really strong Velcro honestly. Don’t really want to put anymore holes in the truck lol

Back