• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

reintroduction with new rig

especially if the letters are die cut rather than on clear decal

Blacked out - Chrome - Lifted - Big Tires - Spacers
All that stuff is great if you want it,.... do not buy stuff or do stuff to look like the other guy,... or impress others.

Sometimes being an individual is noticed and appreciated more than you think.
Life is kinda weird that way.

You will be happier with your truck if it is what you want, like and need.............. Especially if something breaks!
Some stuff may look good but does come with Maintenace or longevity sacrifices,.... just the facts of life.

Kinda like getting the trophy girl friend or wife and paying for it forever but never happy in life.

laughing at the last thing you said which is very true

I want the look that I want because I want it

definitely not worried about what others think, but thank you!

my TacoVinyl is shipping today so expecting to further complete the exterior look later this week or this coming weekend

Pro grille and black rear bumper covers are very much looked forward to

Damn! Bumper Covers are $240?
Just primer and spray. Lol.
Maybe find a local shop to paint it flat/matte/satin. They're easy to pop off and you could go a few days without them. I feel like that would be a lot cheaper.

Also keep an eye out for people that swap bumpers. Could pick up bumper caps off that.

Removing decals, definitely don't use glue gone or whatever. Always makes my pain hazy. Friend has to buff it. Just the right amount of heat would make it lift real nice. Should only be residue at the starting point. Just tap the existing decal on it and repeat.

Take note the Predator Tubes are aluminum. Cash out and sell them off if you don't need them to assist getting into the truck.

I want to say this is what I think are the must haves.
  • A/C Condensation Hose and Hose Clamp
  • Aluminum Oil Filter Housing Cap (15620-31060).
  • Sabellco Tailgate Lock. Theft deterrant.
  • License Plate Disable in Reverse PnP Adapter. Kills the horrible glare from the license plate lights on the rearview camera when your lights are on.
  • Center Console and Glove Box organizers.
  • OEM Bed Light (PT857-35200). Cheap functional upgrade.
  • Pop&Lock and KTJO Tailgate Lock. Just go with whichever is cheaper. Simple install. Definitely an easy install. Paying for labor is what makes it expensive. Using the key to lock and unlock it is a hassle.
  • Redline Tuning QuickLift - Convenience.
  • KTJO Grab Handlebar - I use it a lot more than I thought I would.
  • Meso and AJT chrome delete. Just remember you can mix and match if you like the styling of the other.
  • Yellow Lamin-X for the fog lights. Because it's cool.
  • ACDF or Hella Horn. Stock horn is cucked.
  • Oversized Cup Holder - If you take a tumbler places.

TacoVinyl pro grille and TRD badge

1695389788746.png
1695389820488.png

1695389855218.png

steering wheel and glove box blackout too

ordered this plate

1695732741248.png

(should I be concerned about posting this?)

I post mine all the time. What's it mean?
Jealous you guys get the black and white plates.
they do have black with white letters, but this one is black with silver letters so hoping it still looks good
1695848563544.png

license plate was different apparently in Parts 1 and 2 for some reason and that was taken along with OUTATIME

1695848922016.png

where they say the license plate was missing is probably a continuity error in the filming

I'm a geek I guess

Simple with contrast is always cool. We have gay plates.
Nothing wrong with being a geek. I think it's cool.
To be able to come up with something cool now is hard.
I get that way about serial numbers and usernames. Have some sort of significance or some sort of satisfaction value.

Simple with contrast is always cool. We have gay plates.
Nothing wrong with being a geek. I think it's cool.
To be able to come up with something cool now is hard.
I get that way about serial numbers and usernames. Have some sort of significance or some sort of satisfaction value.
not a fan of paying for special colored plates and personalized though plan on holding onto the truck for a good while

I'd pay up to have a sterile plate with just registration plate number.
Especially for a nice color and contrasting color. Basically black/white or take silver. :)

I'd pay up to have a sterile plate with just registration plate number.
Especially for a nice color and contrasting color. Basically black/white or take silver. :)
PA is that boring? haha

I'll be paying about $99 a year at least for the first five years. Not sure how much it is if a special plate plus generic numbers/letters that they automatically generate. They gave me a rebate of $49 for signing up for five years all at once.

PA is pretty boring, but I'm peculliar about things. It's just me complicating my own life.
not at all, you should be able to have different color plates if you want them! lol

Taco Vinyl bumper ends finally

1696008289279.png

1696008430377.png

1696008504758.png

1696008711420.png

1696026999180.png

Last edited:
Tufskinz mudflaps and fuel cap holder

1696985535338.png

1696985556038.png

1696985568304.png

received AWE https://awe-tuning.com/products/awe...-tacoma?p=1&s=best_match&seed=909681&iuf=true from their Ebay outlet that says it was only used for marketing so working on putting that on soon

any reason to hold onto my stock exhaust or is it worth scrapping?

just not sure I want to store it

it does have the blacked out tip that is probably removable if anyone may want it

1697771812680.png

more pics to follow

sounds great and not sure if the increased responsiveness is just in my head when driving now

Back