• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Regearing my 2019 toyota tacoma double cab long box

Bms001

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
i have a stock trd off road 2019 tacoma. i plan on keeping tire size stock but im just wondering if it would still pay to regear my truck. i pull light trailors and im in wisconsin and im new to this regearing thing

Do you have an automatic or manual ?
Do you feel like you need more low end power, and if so do you need it enough to shell out about 2500 dollars give or take to make the gear change? Both front and rear diffs need to be re geared.

It will definitely make the truck have more low end power, and at the same time make the rpms slightly higher on the highway. This will also make the truck respond quicker. Will this be a big improvement ......I think yes. The truck is geared very high for fuel economy. If your ok with spending the money, and you have someone that KNOWS THERE stuff doing the install
Go for it. I think if it were me I would do the 488’s

Back