• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear recovery point w/o a hitch

frank2104

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR AC Auto
Magnetic Gray
I have a '21 SR access cab 4WD. No TRD no Off Road, no trailer hitch, basic rear bumper. It will be used for surf fishing on DE shore. It has a beefy looking ring on driver side front. I know that might need to be upgraded to handle a snatch. More importantly at the moment what are my options for a rear recovery point????
Thanks in advance.

I have a '21 SR access cab 4WD. No TRD no Off Road, no trailer hitch, basic rear bumper. It will be used for surf fishing on DE shore. It has a beefy looking ring on driver side front. I know that might need to be upgraded to handle a snatch. More importantly at the moment what are my options for a rear recovery point????
Thanks in advance.

Trying to think about the stock rear bumper, been a while since I had one. But I’d say maybe a tree saver strap up over the frame and under bumper with a d ring. Or snatch up a hitch and call it good!

I'd like a better recovery point on the rear. I want to keep my BSM sensors so that precludes all the aftermarket bumpers.

Maybe something custom.

-M

Back