• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear Leaf Springs Suggestion

Usrmy180

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am having the squeaking noise on the rear leaf springs, I did get all the bushings, but I also want to upgrade on the leaf springs. I've been looking for either Old Man EMU EL111R , or the Dobinson's L59-112-R, I am not looking to do off roading, mainly to have more strength in the back, what do you all suggest I should get?

If you're looking to upgrade leaf springs bc of squeak issues I would look away from the OME Dakar springs. I've been running them for a year now and they squeak like crazy. Theres nothing that will help. I'm currently looking into a set of Deever springs. Everyone seems pretty happy with them. They're a bit more expensive but if you dont need a level 3 pack it wont be much more than the Dakar

Thank you for the info. I’ve actually never heard of the deaver springs, but will definitely do some research on them.

Deaver leaf springs hands down are the best leaf springs on the market. I personally run the expedition U402 Stage 3 leaf springs (700-1000lb's), with about a constant 400-500lb's daily driving, and its the smoothest ride ive had in the truck.

The ome dakar's didnt last, they squeeked horribly and over time they sagged.

Hello everyone,

I am having the squeaking noise on the rear leaf springs, I did get all the bushings, but I also want to upgrade on the leaf springs. I've been looking for either Old Man EMU EL111R , or the Dobinson's L59-112-R, I am not looking to do off roading, mainly to have more strength in the back, what do you all suggest I should get?
I bought the OME medium grade. 2 inch, budget friendly at 550 for the set plus bushings.

I heard the bushings that come with the OEM normally tend to squeak not long after install, I actually got the bushings directly from the Toyota dealership just to make sure I put the originals. So far I’ve gotten a lot of recommendations from both OEM and Dobinsons, hard choice to make lol

Deaver But I am biased because they're only 20 miles for me. And have sprung probably three of my trucks

I think some of it depends on how much weight and how much lift.
You could probably take apart the stock leaf pack and clean and grease them.

Deaver leaf springs hands down are the best leaf springs on the market. I personally run the expedition U402 Stage 3 leaf springs (700-1000lb's), with about a constant 400-500lb's daily driving, and its the smoothest ride ive had in the truck.

The ome dakar's didnt last, they squeeked horribly and over time they sagged.
I have been debating on this set-up in either stage 2 or 3 vs the Icon RXT multi rate stage 3. I think I am easily sitting at about 500lbs with my bed rack, RTT, custom wood camp drawer, and accessories on the rack. And I currently have headstrong 3 leaf AAL and I don't like the sag I am getting with my set-up. So, do you think Deever stage 3 is the way to go?

I have been debating on this set-up in either stage 2 or 3 vs the Icon RXT multi rate stage 3. I think I am easily sitting at about 500lbs with my bed rack, RTT, custom wood camp drawer, and accessories on the rack. And I currently have headstrong 3 leaf AAL and I don't like the sag I am getting with my set-up. So, do you think Deever stage 3 is the way to go?
Absolutely, I run 500lbs as well consistently right now and I love the stage 3's. Theyre super smooth and not overly stiff at all. And when I really load down the truck with all the gear (700lb's +) it doesnt sag

Absolutely, I run 500lbs as well consistently right now and I love the stage 3's. Theyre super smooth and not overly stiff at all. And when I really load down the truck with all the gear (700lb's +) it doesnt sag
Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. The RXT's lose like 3/4" loaded and that's no bueno for me. Thanks for your help.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. The RXT's lose like 3/4" loaded and that's no bueno for me. Thanks for your help.
Ive got the rxt icon leafs.
Running the full pack.
If I can measure anything let me know.
It's been riding high and pretty comfortable.

Ive got the rxt icon leafs.
Running the full pack.
If I can measure anything let me know.
It's been riding high and pretty comfortable.
yeah, that'd be great actually. can you measure from center hub to fender and attach a side shot of how you're sitting?

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_014517328.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210311_014517328.PORTRAIT.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 205
  • PXL_20210311_014701311.jpg
    PXL_20210311_014701311.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 206
Back