• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear differential axle fluid leaking sign

3Tgen

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this sign for a rear differential for a 2018 Tacoma v6 w/ around 20k mile? Fluid leaking ? Seems like it just started leaking out. Checked level of fluid. It is about at the bottom of 5mm range.
Watched this utube and not sure if it is a recall for my case : " Top Problems Toyota Tacoma Truck 3rd Generation 2016+"
Any input will be really appreciate it.

20210119_rear dif fluid leaking (1).jpg
20210119_rear dif fluid leaking (2).jpg

I had that with my 2017 tacoma around 15K miles, brought it back to the dealer and they warrantied the axle. You should be covered under your drivetrain and bumper to bumper warranty to have the axle seal replaced.

Thanks for those quick helpful replies. I appreciate it.

Back