• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear camera relocation while retaining tailgate auto lock/unlock

RoamingTaco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I’ve done some googling on this and cannot seem to find where this has been covered, I have a 2022 tacoma which has the tailgate e-lock, I installed the rig’d supply swing out hitch and camera relocation kit, I noticed after doing so that obviously enough I now lost the power to the tailgate lock. Doesn’t anyone make a splitter harness to keep the tailgate lock but enable the ability to plug in a external camera for the relocation?

I’ve done some googling on this and cannot seem to find where this has been covered, I have a 2022 tacoma which has the tailgate e-lock, I installed the rig’d supply swing out hitch and camera relocation kit, I noticed after doing so that obviously enough I now lost the power to the tailgate lock. Doesn’t anyone make a splitter harness to keep the tailgate lock but enable the ability to plug in a external camera for the relocation?
I have the OEM camera and tailgate lock. Each has an independent plug in the gap between the tailgate and the bed. If you were just relocating the camera, you should have only had to unplug one of those for the extension cable. Maybe you knocked the other one for the tailgate lock loose?

Upvote 0
Back