• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Real world towing

B_Lui

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
How many of you tow things with your Tacoma? If I remember right it has a 6200 lb. towing capacity. That seems high for a 3.5 liter V6.

Was just wondering if there is any real world experience towing with this truck. Looking at something that might be 4500-5000 lbs. Thinking ahead of time I'd be fine towing that locally, but not sure if the Tacoma would be up to the task of the mountains if I had to pick up said item from the east coast.

I thought the limit was 5000? I pull a pop-up trailer all over oregon. I think it's 3500. I have a manual transmission though so it works a lot better to get over the mountains

Back