• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ranger Eco Boost technology

n2wind2000

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I was looking up the specs on Fords' new Ranger. I have to admit im impressed by the stats. 2.3 lt. ecoboost, 270 HP 310 ft lbs torque. Ya ya, I know, its a Ford, no argument here, thats why I have a '19 Tacoma. Been a while since I had a Toy, I had a 81 P/U (22r) when I was a punk ass surfer. Im just an ass now. Anyhow...my question is this, does anyone think Toyota will shift technology or adapt to smaller blocks and consider adding turbos to the pickup truck line ups?

Out of curiosity, I was looking up the specs on Fords' new Ranger. I have to admit im impressed by the stats. 2.3 lt. ecoboost, 270 HP 310 ft lbs torque. Ya ya, I know, its a Ford, no argument here, thats why I have a '19 Tacoma. Been a while since I had a Toy, I had a 81 P/U (22r) when I was a punk ass surfer. Im just an ass now. Anyhow...my question is this, does anyone think Toyota will shift technology or adapt to smaller blocks and consider adding turbos to the pickup truck line ups?
Probly not , possible hybrid setup maybe as I heard word the new tundra may be a hybrid
But turbos are really not a Toyota USA thing to do. It's very unfournite

Toyota? Naaaaw. Honestly I’m happy to have a naturally aspirated engine again, even if it has less power

Those Ford numbers are impressive. Look up 2.3 liter ecoboost engine troubles. Fords whole ecoboost line is a mechanical flop.

I don't think so. I understand why it is desirable. Even other options would be cool, like a hybrid for people who want it, a small diesel, or maybe even a V8 (dreaming). A turbo or boost would be sweet too, but they won't. :(

Back