• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Quick edit from the San Diego GTG this weekend.

Well done!! Waaaay better than my first video I edited. Probably why I stuck to just photography.

Well done!! Waaaay better than my first video I edited. Probably why I stuck to just photography.

Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment ?. There's already a lot more I want to improve on for the next one but I'm glad I got this one done.

Just a few things, from a drone pilots point of view.

Easy on the sticks, line up the shot you want, press record, slowly ease into the sticks and then try to avoid the moving of camera.
Avoid flying over people as much as possible since technically it's against the law.
Don't hesitate to fly low to get your panning shots or hold your drone in your hand, without it flying at all and then use the camera the gimbal should help stabilize.

What do you use for video editing software?

What software are you editing with?

Adobe premiere.

Just a few things, from a drone pilots point of view.

Easy on the sticks, line up the shot you want, press record, slowly ease into the sticks and then try to avoid the moving of camera.
Avoid flying over people as much as possible since technically it's against the law.
Don't hesitate to fly low to get your panning shots or hold your drone in your hand, without it flying at all and then use the camera the gimbal should help stabilize.

What do you use for video editing software?

Thanks for the tips. I'm already working on some of those. Lining up the shots is harder than it sounds but I'm getting better at it. Also being smooth on the stick is key. I'm working on making the controls second nature but it's a work in progress. It's a lot of fun though!! And yeah I realized I'm totally not supposed to be flying over people's heads. Need to try and avoid that.

You did great man! i think you did a good job with the drone for sure. lets go get some footage together!

Thanks for the tips. I'm already working on some of those. Lining up the shots is harder than it sounds but I'm getting better at it. Also being smooth on the stick is key. I'm working on making the controls second nature but it's a work in progress. It's a lot of fun though!! And yeah I realized I'm totally not supposed to be flying over people's heads. Need to try and avoid that.

Practice makes perfect, check out the settings menu (depending on what kind of drone you're using), on many of them you can turn down the sensitivity of the controls meaning that everything can be super buttery smooth.

Speaking of that, what kind of drone are you using? I could give you some more helpful tips for sure!

Also for the Adobe Premiere, if you have any questions let me know. This is some of my work https://vimeo.com/levitatedmedia

It was good! I’m not expert at it but I would have never known it was a first attempt. I liked it! I hope in the future I/ someone around me can setup these meets. Be nice to see some around my area that actually are into it!

Last edited:
Practice makes perfect, check out the settings menu (depending on what kind of drone you're using), on many of them you can turn down the sensitivity of the controls meaning that everything can be super buttery smooth.

Speaking of that, what kind of drone are you using? I could give you some more helpful tips for sure!

Also for the Adobe Premiere, if you have any questions let me know. This is some of my work https://vimeo.com/levitatedmedia

I'm going to have plenty of questions. I haven't edited video in almost 20 years. Haha

And I was borrowing a friend's DJI Spark. He wanted me to give it a whirl and see if I liked it and got hooked. Well he mentioned today another buddy of his asked to borrow it. We leave for Big Bear tomorrow so this happened tonight....

IMG_20190212_202809.jpg

Looks good for your first vid, I liked it! I hope in the future I/ someone around me can setup these meets. Be nice to see some around my area that actually are into it!

There's zero reason that person that locates a spot, and organizes a meet can't be you?. T3G needs motivated members all over to take the reins and organize events in their local areas. ?

Oh dear lord... I'm so jealous! I have then Inspire 1 v2.0, I'm actually looking to repair it (slight accident, RIP) and then trade it or sell it for the Mavic series due to it's size!

With the Mavic, learn the intelligent flight patterns - it will SAVE your life and make your job a whole lot easier especially in Big Bear. You can simply highlight your vehicle for subject tracking and it will follow your vehicle and you can get some really slick shots that way. You can also setup flight paths so lets say there's a clearing and you want a side panning shot as you drive with your bud, you can simply setup the the flight path, setup your shot, set it to record and boom you're good!

Also, consider ND Filters as I'm sure you're aware. Make sure you set your exposure and such in manual mode if possible!

Great tips. I need to order some filters. Those are definitely on the list. I was hoping to buy them last night but they only had them for the pro 1. So now I have to justify other purchases to the misses.

Also I spent some time going through the user menu last night trying to locate the different settings so I get faster at setting up things while in flight. Hopefully I set up most before flight, but I can imagine it happens

I definitely need to try out the intelligent flights patterns, waypoints, and tracking modes. I agree they'll probably make life a whole lot easier, I've just never used them though.

Back