• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Quick Adventure Video

knightacoma

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I filmed a little on the side when I did the BodyArmor4x4 tent overview video.

Decided to make a short video just to get a feel for the editing style I'll be going for on longer adventure videos. It's also my girlfriend's true debut on the channel lol
Needed to do a dry run to get her on board with the whole camping thing 😅

Original link: https://youtu.be/ijReCAU2-Bg

I am envious of your sub count. I've got to be doing something wrong.

I am envious of your sub count. I've got to be doing something wrong.
There's A LOT that goes into it, but I think the biggest thing for smaller accounts is consistency and posting on a somewhat regular schedule. But otherwise you have to play into the YouTube algorigthm.

Some key stuff I try to do:
- quality thumbnails
- verbose descriptions
- quality video content (HD, cut out dead space/boring stuff, etc.)

Also track your metrics to see what videos are holding attention (avg view duration and %) and what videos have a higher click through rate

For example, this video currently has a clickthrough rate about double my usual, which I'd attribute to my girlfriend being in the thumbnail.
However, the avg view duration is low because it's a shorter video and people didn't care to watch the whole thing, which I anticipated since it was a short kinda "test the waters" type video for me.

Because the avg view duration is low, YouTube won't suggest this video as much because it isn't keeping the viewers engaged long enough.

My account could probably be a bit bigger if I played into YouTube's algorithm more (clickbait titles/thumbnails, longer videos, etc.), but then I wouldn't necessarily be making the content the way I want to make it.

I also mentioned some other things in this post: Where can I make 80k a year?

There's A LOT that goes into it, but I think the biggest thing for smaller accounts is consistency and posting on a somewhat regular schedule. But otherwise you have to play into the YouTube algorigthm.

Some key stuff I try to do:
- quality thumbnails
- verbose descriptions
- quality video content (HD, cut out dead space/boring stuff, etc.)

Also track your metrics to see what videos are holding attention (avg view duration and %) and what videos have a higher click through rate

For example, this video currently has a clickthrough rate about double my usual, which I'd attribute to my girlfriend being in the thumbnail.
However, the avg view duration is low because it's a shorter video and people didn't care to watch the whole thing, which I anticipated since it was a short kinda "test the waters" type video for me.

Because the avg view duration is low, YouTube won't suggest this video as much because it isn't keeping the viewers engaged long enough.

My account could probably be a bit bigger if I played into YouTube's algorithm more (clickbait titles/thumbnails, longer videos, etc.), but then I wouldn't necessarily be making the content the way I want to make it.

I also mentioned some other things in this post: Where can I make 80k a year?
Hmmm...I have never looked at my metrics. That might be part of the problem :) Also I do post with wild inconsistency.

I would be happy just to get enough viewers that companies started sending me free stuff and then I could plateau.

Hmmm...I have never looked at my metrics. That might be part of the problem :) Also I do post with wild inconsistency.

I would be happy just to get enough viewers that companies started sending me free stuff and then I could plateau.
Yeah it’s kinda one of those things you gotta commit fully for youtube to recommend your videos & allow you to grow quickly lol

Back