• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electrical Putting fog lights on a 2017 SR5 with no fog lights from the factory

nighthawktacoma

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 SR5 AC Auto
Magnetic Gray
looking to install fog lights on my 2017 tacoma sr5. it's a bare bones truck so no factory oem fog lights on it already. therefore, my turn signal does not have the fog light switch part that controls on/off for fog lights. what route should i take to get f.l. installed correctly? i do not want to add a switch because i do not want to leave lights/switch on by accident and kill the battery. looking for suggestions. I was considering having a toyota dealership install the turn signal and any wiring and I guess put stock halogens temporarily unless they will just do the shifter/wiring for me and then i will purchase some aftermarket fog lights and install those for stronger output/LED and not ugly stock yellow halogen. I've heard diode dynamics makes a kit for tacomas that do not already have fog lights from the factory but have not confirmed yet. reached out to the company, waiting for a response. looking for any suggestions that may help me save some money and avoid any problems. I am dead set on installing morimoto xb led headlights and would like to get the matching xb led fogs, however i am open to morimoto headlights and diode dynamic fogs or any other company's fogs so long as there is no technical difficulties running the 2 together. need stronger lighting bc i took a trip out to the middle of nowhere and could barely see with stock headlight low lamps and do not want to be switching between high/low beam when it isnt necessary and do not want to attract police attention by flashing often. also just a general mod i was looking to make to the truck at some point but it is now on the top of the list after not being able to see out in the desert away from city lights and no lights in the streets/highways. any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• 20201126_210409.jpg
    20201126_210409.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210208-011130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-011130_Gallery.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 53
Back