• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Push button Tacoma Reverse keys?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
When I first got my 2019 Tacoma TRD off road….I was given two sets of keys…any ways I wanted one more extra spare key…
I found out these are Reverse keys…had a key maker try to make one …he had to go to the island of Oahu ( the Capital state) to get one made…the dealer could not make a spare…and recommend this key maker…his reverse key machine had a hard time cutting the key…he mention he had to make a trip to Oahu …( We live on the Big Island of Hawaii). And will get one made from his supplier..on Oahu..
It work…
Interesting that Toyota is using Reverse keys? Hard to duplicate….

Anyway I usually oil all my key locks a couple times a year…Hawaii had a lot of moisture in the air (can get humid)…..as I put the key in the driver side door it did not go all the in…? Try more oil? …only to find out the key fits only one way..I had to turn the key opposite..then it work!
Best to use “oils” that is design for door locks…I use a bearing oil made door locks and fishing reels ..a light oil…( I am salt water shoreline fisherman). …
I really like the push button start..!
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
The Big Island of Hawaii’s population is approx 200,000 people …Oahu has over 1 million people , home of city of Honolulu & the famous Waikiki beach..some of the best surfing beaches..Waimea bay sometimes produce 50 ft waves…!
Reverse key making machines is very expensive….there is only two key cutting vendors that carriers reverse key cutting machines on the Big Island of Hawaii….one on Hilo side and one in Kona side of the island..approx 100 miles apart…( yes this is short for you mainlanders). For us a two hour drive…
Aloha

Note : People born and raised in Hawaii refers to the continent of the USA ..as the “mainland”.
Those who live on the mainland…are called “mainlanders”. Or “ You from the mainland”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back