• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Purchasing a 2020 tacoma

KTEAKAT

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I am trying to decide when the best time is with the best deals to buy a 2020 tacoma. There are two deals going on at Toyota right now:
1: 0% APR for 60 months
2: don't have to begin car payments for 90 days.

I am wondering if I should wait and see the 4th of July sales or just purchase mine now. I heard that there are some places that are also including a deal where they will pay for your first three payments. I would love to be able to include all three deals if possible! I live in California but am willing to drive out of state. Please help!

3 main points from a former car salesman (who’s dad still owns a dealership).

1) Hard to beat the 0% if the you and the truck qualify. Free money—they are literally giving you a loan for free.

2) Qualifications are steep for your own credit history and down payment.

3) The truck you want might not be available for that financing deal.

The zero percent is bait. That being said, “settling” for a 2-3% car loan over 4-5 years isn’t exactly a bummer. Good luck.

Oh and one more: dealers need sales right now due to the covid downturn. Good time to buy. Waiting till things open back up in July or August just might pass the opportunity by.

If you can get 0% then do it. Any time you can borrow money for free, do it.

Hello, new member here and first post. I’m picking a new one up here this weekend. I had no intention of buying a new vehicle however the 0% financing tipped it this way. It’s my first Toyota, a few of my friends have the Tacoma’s and have been happy with them.

Welcome. Post some photos of your new gig!

In my opinion, the 0% is a no brainer. Like many have said before, it's free money to borrow. The only reason you need the "No payments for 90 days" is if you don't qualify for the 0% and you're given an APR percentage that after calculating how much interest you'll be paying with your given APR, you'll come out ahead by paying faster. Maybe you can save up however much you need to save in those 90 days to come out ahead. Always double check the numbers you're given, and if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, bring a buddy with you that can help you calculate the numbers. Good luck!

Back