• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

PROJECT: WHITNEY, 2018 TRD OFFROAD DCLB SUPER WHITE

jdeocampo21

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Here is my build, code named Project: Whitney

I have a 2018 TRD OFFROAD DCLB in super white.

Build plan is:

- Kings 2.5 w/adjusters EXT front and rear.
- Icon billet DJ UCA
- Icon RXT Leaf spring kit
- Wheels TBD
- TBD 33's
- Nitro Gear (4.88)
- RCI full skid package, rear diff skid, and gas tank skid

tacoma.jpg

Last edited:
Took the truck out for the first time off-road and had a blast!

Amazed to see how well it did stock. Didn't have to touch crawl control or multi-terrain, was able to handle everything in 4-Lo and with the locker when needed.

After this trip, I realized I needed some armor so I called my guy at NHowe offroad and put in an order for some custom sliders.

Put an order to RCI for their full skids package, rear diff, and gas tank. (They are still having a sale 15% off).

Suspension is still in the works, I was pretty dead set on Kings, but then I was recommended OME bp51s by my guy and they look good too. Got some thinking to do.

IMG_0395.JPEG

IMG_8615.JPEG

View attachment 22874
View attachment 22875
View attachment 22876

Good to see you hitting the dirt before the lift.

Back