• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Power Outlet in Truck Bed.

Greg

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I was recently at my brothers Farm, and I was trying to run a Electric Chain Saw. I plugged it into the outlet, and it would barley turn the Chain saw.
My question is how do I get the outlet to provide the Highest power setting, I see 2 options on the Button in the cab.
How do I toggle to the higher setting?

If your truck isn’t running it’s the lower setting. If you run your truck it’s the higher. Usually most tools run more that what you can supply. Sorry it’s not the best answer but I ran into the same issue!

Truck needs to be in Idle to run the 400W, if its just on accessory power then its 100W.

*Check what your chainsaw draws Watt wise, my quick google search says that chainsaws need 2000W to run, which the truck wont be able to power regardless.

I've had a similar issue. You need to idle to get the power needed

Back