Post any photo of your Tacoma!

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

kevjitzoo

= II • Bronze
First Name
Kevin
T3G Member
#1,501
Exploring the Greenwater area in the PNW

Attachments

• DSC02226_IG.jpg
    DSC02226_IG.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 9

TacoDerek

= II • Bronze
First Name
Derek
Military
Air Force
T3G Member
#7,152
Which roof rack ya get?
I got Victory racks. Funny thing is the camper rack already showed up, but not the cab rack or the camper shell. Just twiddling my thumbs and waiting my time!

I did a lot of research, and Victory was about the best price I could find. However, just a few days after ordering, I saw some Sherpa racks which are about identical except they have a cooler logo and run about an extra $50 overall. But I'm sure I'll be happy with the Victory racks!

nickyreno

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nick
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,704
I got Victory racks. Funny thing is the camper rack already showed up, but not the cab rack or the camper shell. Just twiddling my thumbs and waiting my time!

I did a lot of research, and Victory was about the best price I could find. However, just a few days after ordering, I saw some Sherpa racks which are about identical except they have a cooler logo and run about an extra $50 overall. But I'm sure I'll be happy with the Victory racks!

I was looking at the Sherpa as well and decided against it because the mounting system looked under-engineered. Between the two, I’d say you made the right decision going with the Victory rack.

TacoDerek

= II • Bronze
First Name
Derek
Military
Air Force
T3G Member
#7,152
I was looking at the Sherpa as well and decided against it because the mounting system looked under-engineered. Between the two, I’d say you made the right decision going with the Victory rack.
I actually didn't even know they had different mounting systems. I thought the only difference between Sherpa, Victory, and Prinsu were the logos, but holy crap - that Sherpa mounting looks hella sus. I would totally vote Sherpa out the airlock first. Prinsu looks more solid than Victory, but I think Victory sits just a little bit higher, not quite sure. It was honestly the price that got me since I was able to get military discount from Victory AND free shipping.

Top Bottom