• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Please Help Diagnose this sound

whitelightning_625

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
I looked all over the forum for threads addressing this but here's what I got. 2017 6MT , squeak at idle, goes away with clutch depression comes back when released. Just replaced entire clutch assembly with Centerforce Dual Friction kit which includes throwout bearing. Driven about 20 miles and the squeak is back on the brand new setup.

Ok well the video will not upload. But the question is still valid. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I looked all over the forum for threads addressing this but here's what I got. 2017 6MT , squeak at idle, goes away with clutch depression comes back when released. Just replaced entire clutch assembly with Centerforce Dual Friction kit which includes throwout bearing. Driven about 20 miles and the squeak is back on the brand new setup.

Ok well the video will not upload. But the question is still valid. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
like this,... new throw out bearing may not have been greased if it was not a sealed bearing.
Are you sure they replaced the bearing?........Or did you do it?
Usually sealed bearings are factory greased.
However that does not mean it was done correctly at the factory it happens.
Source: https://youtu.be/yonmcgIFvRI

Upvote 0
It was a brand new sealed bearing included in the centerforce full kit. Definitely proper installation. Done at a dealer from a master mechanic (not Toyota though) .... I'm just so confused. Thanks for the reply. I'll follow up with centerforce and inquire about their throwout bearings.

Upvote 0
It was a brand new sealed bearing included in the centerforce full kit. Definitely proper installation. Done at a dealer from a master mechanic (not Toyota though) .... I'm just so confused. Thanks for the reply. I'll follow up with centerforce and inquire about their throwout bearings.
I understand, Hope you get it worked out!
They will ask about the hub and fork being the possible issue,..... as normally they are used again after the new clutch/bearing install.
Here is a Jeep JK bearing noise issue using centerforce products. Different noise but same theory.
Source: https://youtu.be/Ifx3x_7w5BY

Upvote 0
I understand, Hope you get it worked out!
They will ask about the hub and fork being the possible issue,..... as normally they are used again after the new clutch/bearing install.
Here is a Jeep JK bearing noise issue using centerforce products. Different noise but same theory.
Source: https://youtu.be/Ifx3x_7w5BY
Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0
Is it more of a fluttering/chirping noise? Is it on full clutch depression or does it go away when you just apply some pressure?
Does it sound like it's coming from inside the cabin or the inside the clutch itself?

Did you supply it or did you purchase it from the dealer and run it through their shop?
If you bought it from them and they installed it, I'd just take it in and have them lube it.

If you want to try it yourself and it is the chirping interval noise I would try and hit all the lube points in the area. Inside the cabin?
From the pedal to the firewall. Could just be something is rubbing/rattling. Any hinge/connection point down to a rod or spring squeak inside a boot.
In cases like this, I spray gun lube on a brush and just dab every contact spot or connection. Sounds stupid, but have surprisingly had some pretty good luck.
Might just be some vibration that's causing something dry or slightly loose to make the noise.

Upvote 0
Is it more of a fluttering/chirping noise? Is it on full clutch depression or does it go away when you just apply some pressure?
Does it sound like it's coming from inside the cabin or the inside the clutch itself?

Did you supply it or did you purchase it from the dealer and run it through their shop?
If you bought it from them and they installed it, I'd just take it in and have them lube it.

If you want to try it yourself and it is the chirping interval noise I would try and hit all the lube points in the area. Inside the cabin?
From the pedal to the firewall. Could just be something is rubbing/rattling. Any hinge/connection point down to a rod or spring squeak inside a boot.
In cases like this, I spray gun lube on a brush and just dab every contact spot or connection. Sounds stupid, but have surprisingly had some pretty good luck.
Might just be some vibration that's causing something dry or slightly loose to make the noise.
It's definitely coming from inside the bell housing. Cyclic chirping that dissipates with pedal engagement. Clutch was full brand new kit shipped straight from centerforce. Flywheel, pilot bearing, throwout bearing and clutch. Still no response from them. Pretty typical of companies in 2023.

Upvote 0
It's definitely coming from inside the bell housing. Cyclic chirping that dissipates with pedal engagement. Clutch was full brand new kit shipped straight from centerforce. Flywheel, pilot bearing, throwout bearing and clutch. Still no response from them. Pretty typical of companies in 2023.
Get with your installer, might need to replace the fork or something else to solve it.
Usually an installer will "test" the vehicle for issues before releasing it.
Even if the noise occurred an hour after install/test he should be just as interested/concerned as you.
Phone calls are cheap!

Upvote 0
You ever figure out the noise? I’m currently having the exact same issue with my 2018…. Replaced with sealed throw out bearing from Toyota fixed the issue for about 2 hrs then back to squeaking….. definitely coming from inside housing

Upvote 0
You ever figure out the noise? I’m currently having the exact same issue with my 2018…. Replaced with sealed throw out bearing from Toyota fixed the issue for about 2 hrs then back to squeaking….. definitely coming from inside housing
How many miles on the truck?

Upvote 0
Back