• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Plastic bed caps

Krose70933

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I don't want to sound insane but I just noticed that those black plastic caps on the side of the bed move back and forth(to the front and back of the truck) is this normal or is there something wrong with mine. Thanks for the help

Never messed with mine. Has the factory cover on them.

I do know they basically just clip in so probably has a little play

Thanks for the response. That's what I'm assuming too. I have an after market tonneau cover on mine. I had a load shift on me and hit the cover and bust it. Which is what lead me to mess with those bed caps for the first time and wonder if its normal.

Thanks for the response. That's what I'm assuming too. I have an after market tonneau cover on mine. I had a load shift on me and hit the cover and bust it. Which is what lead me to mess with those bed caps for the first time and wonder if its normal.

Ok I took the cover off tonight. Mine don't move at all. Might be time for a dealer visit

Before I installed my toolbox I remember them having some play. I didn't see it as a problem

Back