• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wrap / Plasti Dip Plasti-Dip

UnAverage Joe

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all. Anyone use Plasti-Dip before? I am looking at using Plasti-Dip on some brackets for my Baja Design light bar bracket and ditch light brackets. I don't want any chrome showing.

Also... if I cover the threads... would using it on nuts/bolts be okay?

Thanks.

using it on nut/bolts wont work. once you go to tight the up with a wrench it'll peel the plasti dip right off. I've had good experience with engine enamel paint. Used some on lug nuts and the lasted 4 or 5 years (changing wheel sets twice a year) before it started to chip away.

using it on nut/bolts wont work. once you go to tight the up with a wrench it'll peel the plasti dip right off. I've had good experience with engine enamel paint. Used some on lug nuts and the lasted 4 or 5 years (changing wheel sets twice a year) before it started to chip away.
Thank you. I didn't even think about that! I'll look into that for the nuts/bolts!

Back