• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

Wrap / Plasti Dip Plasti-Dip

UnAverage Joe

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Hello all. Anyone use Plasti-Dip before? I am looking at using Plasti-Dip on some brackets for my Baja Design light bar bracket and ditch light brackets. I don't want any chrome showing.

Also... if I cover the threads... would using it on nuts/bolts be okay?

Thanks.

using it on nut/bolts wont work. once you go to tight the up with a wrench it'll peel the plasti dip right off. I've had good experience with engine enamel paint. Used some on lug nuts and the lasted 4 or 5 years (changing wheel sets twice a year) before it started to chip away.

using it on nut/bolts wont work. once you go to tight the up with a wrench it'll peel the plasti dip right off. I've had good experience with engine enamel paint. Used some on lug nuts and the lasted 4 or 5 years (changing wheel sets twice a year) before it started to chip away.
Thank you. I didn't even think about that! I'll look into that for the nuts/bolts!

Back