• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Parkers 2017 Build Thread

Parker315

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Taco1.jpg

Taco2.jpg

Truck: 2017 TRD Sport DCSB AT 3.5L V6 Magnetic Grey Metallic
  • Purchased Brand New on 11/08/2017
  • 25 miles on the odometer
  • Final Assembly Point – San Antonio, Texas
  • Date of Manufacture: 08/17
Taco baby 2.jpg

Taco baby 1.jpg

Dealership Add-Ons:
  • Double Cab Predator Steps
  • LED Convenience Bed Lights
  • Bed 100-400w Power Inverter
  • Remote Locking Tailgate
  • Blackout Emblems
  • Black Tailgate Letter Inserts
Mechanical/Performance Upgrades
Exterior Upgrades:

Interior Upgrades:

Electrical Upgrades:
Original link: https://imgur.com/a/NrEr2tU

Lighting Upgrades:
Each set change was just an upgrade from the previous. No other reason for changing. All the lights worked well.

Engine Bay LED Lighting
LowBeam Projectors
  • My 1st Set: Auxbeam H11 LED F-16 Series CREE Chips (found on Amazon)
  • My 2nd Set: Hikari Ultra LED Kit - H11 Philips Lumileds (excellent lights, just upgraded to a little better. Found on Amazon)
  • My Current: Morimoto HID Elite 55w 6500K
HighBeam Reflectors
  • 1st Set: HIKARI LED H11, CREE Chips (excellent light, just upgraded to a little better. Found on Amazon)
  • Current: deAutoLED 45w H9 LED (AMAZING LIGHTS) New product, link not available yet.
Fog Lights
Front Turn Signals
Front Side Marker Bulbs
Reverse Lights
License Plate Bulbs
  • 1st Set: SuperBright LED 194/921 Wedge (Flickering problems)
  • Current Set: deAutoLED 194/921 wedge (excellent quality and great light output)
Interior Lights
Ditch Lights
LED Light Bar

If using a different brand of light bar with CaliRaised brackets, I found that you needed to do some simple engineering to get the light to fit the CaliRaised brackets. At least with the AuxBeam I used.

I needed two Reducing Automotive studs

Size: M6 > M8

M8 being the side that fits the light and M6 that fits through the brackets. The brackets don't have just a single hole drilled it’s a 4" long slot.

I got my studs at Ace Hardware. They come in two lengths 23mm and 31mm. I used the 23mm length.

You will also need an M6 and M8 nut. I used a regular stainless nut, so it wouldn’t rust, but I might recommend a lock nut just to be safe. So far though I have had no issues.

You may even want to apply some heavy-duty lock tight to the end of the stud that goes into the light. I used pliers to screw the stud into the light firmly. The rest of the install process can be seen HERE

Thanks for checking it out. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Check back later for more updates and changes.

Last edited:
Fckn love those wheels. Wish they came in a more neg offset so bad
Thanks man!! Yeah i actually went with a 0 offset. I have thought about doing a wheel spacer to kick the wheel out slightly. Idk yet.

Thanks man!! Yeah i actually went with a 0 offset. I have thought about doing a wheel spacer to kick the wheel out slightly. Idk yet.

I’m running spacers rn. The Pro wheels are a +10 offset so with the spacer it creates the appearance of about -18 offset which puts me just about flush. So to give you an idea of how much they will poke with Spidertrax spacers, look at trucks with as close to about a -28 offset as possible.

Back