• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Para's 2019 Off-Road DC where all the money went thread

Para

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Have had it a couple of weeks, been so busy accessorizing I've neglected to update the 3G'ers.

I'll try to copy Tyler's format for mods.

There goes the cash list

Suspension/tires

• Tires/wheels
    • Stock for now
Performance

• Engine/Transmission
    • OV Performance Tune
Lighting

• Meso Customs Ultimate Turn Signals
  • Baja foggers in amber
  • (Pending) Ditch lights
  • (Pending) Meso puddle LEDs
Exterior

• Diamondback 270 Bed Cover
  • Added UV protection to rear and all side windows
  • Front windows tinted to match rear, all at 35% except windshield
  • Faux Pro Grill
  • Tacoma bed liner
  • Total Chaos Fabrication Bed Stiffeners (pending install)
  • Redline Tuning Hood Lifts
  • WeatherTech window deflectors
  • Tacoma letters off of Amazon in flat black
  • Mudflap delete
Interior

• Clazzio leather seat covers dark grey insert, black body, and dark grey
  • Console Vault for center console
  • Weathertech Floor Liners
  • Molle seat back organizers
  • Monopril Visor organizers
  • Meso Custom’s LED Sniper light in white (dome light), bright as the sun
  • Meso Custom's LED Map lights, one in white and one in red (not sure when I'll be driving and still need my night vision, but you never know)
  • Passenger and rear canvas seat covers for the 130 pound pooch
  • LEDs for the mirror lights
  • Dash Top Multi Mount
  • Glove box organizer
  • (Pending) Meso Pro Shifter - one button to be ECT Power, other??? Hopefully some sort of fricken laser beam.
Audio

• Alpine Halo9 iLX-F309 (face plate is a bastard, the power plate POS and getting the mounting screws in, ugh)
  • Alpine X-A70F 4 Channel Amp
  • Rockford Fosgate P300x1 Sub Amp
  • Alpine R-69.2 Front Door Speakers
  • Kenwood KFC-1796PS Rear Door Speakers
  • Kenwood KFC-X2C Dash Speakers
  • JL Audio Stealthbox Sub Woofer and Enclosure
  • iDatalink Maestro RR (not showing fuel level?)
  • Sirius XM Radio Tuner (haven't activated yet, satellite quality seems to suck balls compared to HD radio)
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0818.jpg

Last edited:
My old 2005 Tundra ...

Attachments

• IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    689.7 KB · Views: 83
It's amazing how quickly the mods add up.

Had a busy weekend and updated my opening post; audio (will be deaf again in no time) and some map light LEDs and the Tacoma lettering on the back. Need to get some more pics after the rains pass and I can wash it proper.

I'm getting too old for the stereo install stuff. The plug and play harnesses from Crutchfield and iDatalink help a lot but still, I'm just not as flexible as I once was. lol

Haven't dialed in the sound yet but even with only the speaker upgrade and eTune was an improvement. If I hadn't bought all the other stuff, I would have considered just adding a sub but I think then the rest of it would feel under powered.

Having trouble with that little power plate on the Alpine Halo9, when I slide the display up so I can secure the screws, it stops working when I secure them and slide it back in place. Right now the only way I can keep the plastic power plate to stay engaged on the dumb micro switch is to not secure the display or have it in any other position. Very weird and the stupid plate isn't doing anything except depressing a switch, it doesn't insure that you have secured the mounting screws or anything. Might have to add tape to the plastic tab that depresses the micro switch or something.

Also, if anyone else has the Maestro RR, does your unit show the Fuel %? mine isn't and wondering if I missed a connection or if Toyota send that out. It's showing everything else, MPH, RPM, tire pressures, etc.

Added the tie downs to the Diamondback cover, removed the mudflaps, did the AC drain line mod ... couple other purchases to install.

Where did you mount your subs. Did you end up keeping the factory speaker wiring?

Where did you mount your subs. Did you end up keeping the factory speaker wiring?

I shelled out for the JL Audio Stealth Box with a 10”, takes up all the storage behind the passenger side rear seat. More than enough bass for me and in hindsight, could have gone with a smaller box behind the drivers side rear seat but I kind of like the driver’s side faster access storage compartment for fire extinguisher and AR style pistol if I had one with a short enough barrel.

I did not replace the wiring, using factory. I did get those Kenwood’s for the dash but I think the Alpine 6x9 tweeters do not want to be wired in parallel and would do just fine on their own so I may remove the dash speakers but read somewhere that front door speakers won’t work unless wired in parallel with the dash speakers (might be when using stock speakers or head unit? No idea, something to fiddle with later).

I shelled out for the JL Audio Stealth Box with a 10”, takes up all the storage behind the passenger side rear seat. More than enough bass for me and in hindsight, could have gone with a smaller box behind the drivers side rear seat but I kind of like the driver’s side faster access storage compartment for fire extinguisher and AR style pistol if I had one with a short enough barrel.

I did not replace the wiring, using factory. I did get those Kenwood’s for the dash but I think the Alpine 6x9 tweeters do not want to be wired in parallel and would do just fine on their own so I may remove the dash speakers but read somewhere that front door speakers won’t work unless wired in parallel with the dash speakers (might be when using stock speakers or head unit? No idea, something to fiddle with later).

Sorry I meant amps. Lol

I have the stealthbox too. Just curious how others went about wiring

Back