• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OEM roof rack

tomwilson74

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have the OEM roof rack on a 2020? I have read that it won’t quite fit due to the shark fin.

EDIT: just saw that they fixed the roof rack issues for trucks built after Feb 17, 2020. Doesn't seem to be a solution for trucks built before then.

Last edited:
did you ever find a work around for a oem roof rack or did you go aftermarket?

I have one on my 2017 and it fits fine. Not sure if that's helpful.

Where did you guys get your oem roof rack? Option from the factory? Bought from the dealer? Or an aftermarket vendor? I’ve been very interested in one.

My OEM rack was ordered with the truck. So I guess that's factory option?

I love the look and that they are foldaway...that said. I might have been better off going with something more robust. I'm always pushing the weight limit.

2019 DCLB TRD....Factory install Roof rack...with aftermarket ski rack and wind defector...
With or without wind defector...NOISY!!!
Stock OME roof rack....NOISY!!!
Toyota...? Bad design...when not in use ? ...quiet
Toyota DID NOT DO THERE HOMEWORK...!

should have come with EAR PLUGS! If using OME Roof racks
Aloha,

Back