• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the taco game

Garlicswag

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just looking for some input and advice. I recently bought my trd and I’m looking to do a small lift on my truck, need to keep in mind it’s a daily but I don’t travel far. I’m not looking to go crazy I just need a slight advantage in ground clearance and would like the ability to fit a 33” underneath. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Got any pictures of your truck?

To answer your question, the Bilstein 5100 shocks and OME front coils with an add-a-leaf in the rear is the most common setup for what you’re looking for.

7CB96395-F081-453B-A42D-15BB9CDCBE85.jpeg
She’s bone stock!

So if I’m reading this correctly, the OME coils will add up to 3 inches of height to the front end and the 5100s in the front have a max of 2.75 inches....so would you say that adjusting the shocks to about two inches will give me that additional height,as well as, leveling off the truck all together? The only coils I can find from OME are their medium duty pack. Then with the add-a-leaf and 5100s in the rear that should raise the back end about an inch or so. So overall I’ll have raised the truck slightly and leveled it out, but I’m not compromising any other additional parts to the truck and this should give me room to throw some larger tires underneath.

So if I’m reading this correctly, the OME coils will add up to 3 inches of height to the front end and the 5100s in the front have a max of 2.75 inches....so would you say that adjusting the shocks to about two inches will give me that additional height,as well as, leveling off the truck all together? The only coils I can find from OME are their medium duty pack. Then with the add-a-leaf and 5100s in the rear that should raise the back end about an inch or so. So overall I’ll have raised the truck slightly and leveled it out, but I’m not compromising any other additional parts to the truck and this should give me room to throw some larger tires underneath.

You’re going to want at least 3 inches above stock. 33’s will rub on the front wheel well and possibly cab mount depending on if you go 285/75 or 33x12.5.

Alright thanks man, just trying to get a feel for what I’m getting myself into. If I’m not going to fit 33s I can always go a tad smaller, not gonna cry about that I just know I’m working with a budget and I’m not trying to go over the edge too much too cause I drive it everyday

Every truck ends up a little different after the lift. I didn’t get a full 3” in the front, I got 2.75”. And that’s with the setup you’re asking about. I have 285/75’s that are fine on-road but definitely rub off-road.

Back