• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the forum

Welcome!

I guess it depends on what trim level you get. A lot of people swap out the grill for the pro grill (me included). Or if you get the chrome rear bumper, you might want the color matched or all black.

Also, you need to ask yourself, what are your plans? Just looks? Performance? Whats your budget? Then let us know to better help. We don't need exact numbers on the budget but terms like "low cost" to "skies the limit" :LOL:

Anyways, again, Welcome. Sorry if I come across as an asshat not my intent.

Appreciate the welcome guys! It will be my daily driver and I'd like to do some occasional offroading. Many people have told me to go with wheels/tires first.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum. Are you any closer to getting a Tacoma as of joining?

Lots of good first mod recommendations already. Wheels and tires (and lift) do make the truck look nice, but rock sliders are very important if you will be taking the truck off-road. I didn't have sliders and first and damaged my rocker panel pretty hard. The truck will be capable as it is stock, but sliders will prevent any damage if you do wheel it.

Back