• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the Forum

BonnFabrication

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Well Ive now joined Tacoma3G as well. im on tacoma world a lot and have tagged Tacoma3g on instagram. thought it was about time I joined the forum. When I have some more time ill start a build thread with all my pictures. For now ill just make the introductions. Im in the Navy as my day job and love to build stuff. I have a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off road 4x4 short bed auto. silver sky metallic. Ive added a custom front bumper and made my own roof rack. I have a Dobinsons 3" MRR HD lift kit with upper control arms, SCS F5 wheels with BFG 285/75R17s wrapped around them.

A few pictures of the build so far.
D21084F5-5B00-4EF8-9F0F-861407D15B8D.jpeg
44CDDE9E-8147-4C83-9563-CDECC4540DED.jpeg
0B8D50B6-9EFD-4508-A0F1-455F623EF700.jpeg
D21084F5-5B00-4EF8-9F0F-861407D15B8D.jpeg
44CDDE9E-8147-4C83-9563-CDECC4540DED.jpeg
0B8D50B6-9EFD-4508-A0F1-455F623EF700.jpeg
BE74134E-9628-42C8-83DC-384E0C4438FE.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. Your truck has a really nice stance. What else do you have planned for it?

Welcome to the forum. Your truck has a really nice stance. What else do you have planned for it?

Thanks Tyler. Next on the list is to build a set of sliders, followed by rear bumper possibly with dual swing outs, front bumper rebuild, CBI skid plates. Might build an over the bed rack. I want to add onboard air, a winch, dual batteries, light bar on the bumper and another set of lights on the a pillar, some minor changes to the look by adding a TRD Pro grill, different headlights, maybe a scooped hood. Lots of fun things just have to find the time.

Thanks Tyler. Next on the list is to build a set of sliders, followed by rear bumper possibly with dual swing outs, front bumper rebuild, CBI skid plates. Might build an over the bed rack. I want to add onboard air, a winch, dual batteries, light bar on the bumper and another set of lights on the a pillar, some minor changes to the look by adding a TRD Pro grill, different headlights, maybe a scooped hood. Lots of fun things just have to find the time.
That is going to be quite the beast when it’s all done. Really cool that you’re able to fab your own armor.

@Tyler thanks man. Yeah I am lucky that I have some of the tools and a tiny amount of skill so I can make the armor. I was able to build the roof rack too. There are definitely a lot of options out there for armor but I wanted my truck to not be the same as everyone else’s. I have some fun ideas for what to do on the sliders and bumpers to make them different. I’ll start a build thread and post more pictures of where the truck started to where it is now.

@Tyler thanks man. Yeah I am lucky that I have some of the tools and a tiny amount of skill so I can make the armor. I was able to build the roof rack too. There are definitely a lot of options out there for armor but I wanted my truck to not be the same as everyone else’s. I have some fun ideas for what to do on the sliders and bumpers to make them different. I’ll start a build thread and post more pictures of where the truck started to where it is now.
Awesome, stoked to see what you can come up with. I love custom stuff.

@Tyler I have a good idea of how I want the to look and be super functional. I want my truck to be as multi purpose as possible. I was super happy my roof rack came out as good as it did.

Back