• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the Forum. (PIC HEAVY trailer build)

Puddle

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Cement
Started my wheeling with this, 1980 BJ41 (Right hand drive Diesel FJ40), long story but moved on to a 04 Tacoma.
solo psgr side.JPG
Sold the 04 last year and bought a new "project" 2020 TRD Off road. Nothing done to my new ride yet, Iron Man kit sitting in the shop waiting to be installed. The new ride in the foreground, old in the back.
new old.jpg

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

I am intrigued and saddened at the same time. Don’t you wish you could just keep them all!?

Looking forward to having you here!

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

I am intrigued and saddened at the same time. Don’t you wish you could just keep them all!?

Looking forward to having you here!
Thanks for the welcome, The BJ was sold after paying $600 for shipping alone for a new head, exotic vehicles are cool in all, till you have to buy parts for something that was never imported to the US. Miss the 04 already, nice and skinny for the desert trails I used to wheel. Never left me stranded and got me everywhere I wanted to go. New life, new area for wheeling, new ride, just gotta learn how to pick the right lines for this "Fatty" ;)

Welcome aboard.

PIC HEAVY! This is the current project that has the Taco on hold, since it's a "Build" I guess it's okay to be here (Not a Taco though) Started with a 5x8 cargo trailer and proceed to make it a Mini toy hauler / camper.

Trailer as bought
trailer1.jpg

First pulled out paneling and added insulation
bare wll.jpg
insulation.jpg

insulation.jpg

Reinstalled panels put in a forward cubby storage added some carpeting. Still have to cover the wall behind the cubby
done wall.jpg
cubby covered.jpg

Last edited:
Was getting burnt out on the inside, so moved to the outside. Put some expanded metal on the tongue and working on a propane bottle rack.
tounge.jpg
propane.jpg

Ditched the stock wheels & fenders, put some Taco wheels on bigger fenders with a step
taco wheels.jpg

fender step.jpg

step.jpg

It will fit a small ATV
atv.jpg

Was getting burnt out on the inside, so moved to the outside. Put some expanded metal on the tongue and working on a propane bottle rack.
tounge.jpg
propane.jpg

Ditched the stock wheels & fenders, put some Taco wheels on bigger fenders with a step
taco wheels.jpg

fender step.jpg

step.jpg

It will fit a small ATV
atv.jpg

Very cool! I enjoy a good camper build!

Fabbed up some cross bars (too cheap to pay $200-$300 for some bars, and mounted a roof rack and awning.
rackfront.jpg

rackrear.jpg

racksecured.jpg

awningdeployed.jpg

Messed with the bed a little
beddeployed.jpg

bedsecured.jpg

This is a simple trailer, no water, no stove, pretty much just a place to get out of the weather and a Bear proof bed. I use coolers, water jugs, Camp Chef stove, baby wipes to clean up & a shovel to, ......well you know, unless I'm at a civilized campground.

Back