• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to the forum! New Taco!

Reagan

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi all! Hope you had a great 4th!

A little about me…50 year old father of 5 in South Georgia. I commute to work roughly 74 miles round trip 5 days a week. My previous car, I bought used and I was at 80k on it at trade in. That was a Mustang Ecoboost. I really wanted out of it before I got to close to a 100k.

I picked up a new 2023 SR5 4x4 this weekend and I’m ecstatic to finally be back in one. I bought my first one in 2017 but only kept it a few months due to circumstances at the time. I’ve been wanting to get back into one since. Debated waiting for the new models but ultimately decided that I don’t want to be in a first year anything. In fact, I plan on holding on to this truck for the next 7-10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0923.jpeg
    IMG_0923.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 63
Welcome aboard.

Sound logic, early adopting burned some people with the Gen3s back in 2016.

wha??? original owner on a 16. just a few problems nothing crazy.
My memory is that there were several recalls that didn't impact other years and the '16 had the worst problems with the automatics hunting for gears. It didn't impact everyone but I remember being wary when I bought my 2017

Back