• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to Tacos

rgervais21

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
A few months ago I just got my very first taco, its a used 2018 already lifted a bit. Have a few questions first Ive read about the 3rd taillight leakage issue im pretty sure mine has that (just purchased a new replacement light) but it also leaks on the other side through the passenger rear handle bar anyone know what that side could be?
Also I unfortunately already had a wheel bearing issue and had to replace both🤦‍♀️,the truck only has 59,000 miles on it, the shop guy mentioned that raised trucks have issues with them going often is this also true? mind you I do not take it offroad at least not right now
What other issues might I run into with this truck? I do have a warranty but it only covers mechanical issues

The taillight leak issue is a recall/tsb from Toyota and will be fixed for free at a Toyota dealer. It's likely from the same issue, but if it has a roof rack it could be leaking from where that attaches as well. The fix for that is removing the mounting bolts and filling the holes with silicone RTV.

In general, altering suspension puts more strain on the other drivetrain components, but there are a lot of factors to consider. It's not completely cut and dry, depends on lift height, alignment specs, how its driven, etc.

Back