• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to Tacoma 3G

BigVinny67

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
We recently traded in our 2nd Gen Tacoma, an 09 access cab 2.7L manual for a 3rd Gen 16 TRD Off Road. This was the Tacoma I wanted when I got the 2nd Gen but $ was an issue at the time.
We’re relatively new to wheeling but we, my wife and I, are totally in to exploring our surroundings here in the great PNW. We also have a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk.
We would like to meet folks with similar interests here in the PNW that like to get out and explore this beautiful country via 4x4.
Thanks for creating a forum to hopefully accomplish this.
BigVinny & LilBittyPretty F8F8D5CC-977F-4185-ACAB-27702F1FBF7E.jpeg328AEE62-3C09-4EC0-9EC9-585D05408044.jpeg

Attachments

• 03737E93-3B1D-4519-863A-D834787C3D27.jpeg
    03737E93-3B1D-4519-863A-D834787C3D27.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 8E4CE5EF-E719-48AA-B01B-2B6DB16090E6.jpeg
    8E4CE5EF-E719-48AA-B01B-2B6DB16090E6.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 67
I replied to your message but I'll post it here as well.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

We do have a lot of information here about OVTune and yes, it will make a HUGE difference.

You can read or ask questions about it here:

https://tacoma3g.com/threads/the-ovtune-thread.35/

A lot of the members here know a lot about the tune and some of them provide custom tunes in their local areas.

I replied to your message but I'll post it here as well.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

We do have a lot of information here about OVTune and yes, it will make a HUGE difference.

You can read or ask questions about it here:

https://tacoma3g.com/threads/the-ovtune-thread.35/

A lot of the members here know a lot about the tune and some of them provide custom tunes in their local areas.
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and thank you for the link. I’m looking forward to all the forum has to offer. Hopefully, I’ll be knowledgeable enough in the future to offer advice/support as well so as to contribute and not just take.
Thanks Tyler

Welcome! Love the tire setup on the 3G., what's the specs on them. They look to be exactly what I'm looking for! Rack looks great too!

Welcome! Love the tire setup on the 3G., what's the specs on them. They look to be exactly what I'm looking for! Rack looks great too!
Hey TCOTUE,
Thanks. Tires are General Grabber A/Tx 275/70 R17
image.jpg

Hey TCOTUE,
Thanks. Tires are General Grabber A/Tx 275/70 R17. The rack came on the truck when I bought it. It’s a BAMF rack. Looks to be pretty stout. I’ll need to get it powder coated black, other than that it’s a keeper.
What do you know about OVTunes in the PNW. Any shops in my area that do those?
image.jpg

Guess I have some learning to do as far as posts go. Apologies for the duplicate.

I had good use out of Generals before on a previous truck. I like them.
I did quite a bit of online research before I got them. They’ve about 5k miles on them and not one issue. They’re quiet on the road, capable off road, ( keep in mind I’m a newb wheeler ) and less $ than BFG K2 & Nitto TG.

I ran the General MT on one of my fj40’s and really loved them. Quiet on the highway and cleaned much better than the BFG MT.

Back