• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to Tacoma - '23 Limited 4x4

dynomax

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2023 Limited DCSB Auto
Celestial Silver
Hi everyone..saying howdy and reading as much as I can as I await my '23 Tacoma Limited 4x4 - should have it in a week or two. Pics will come soon.

Backstory:
A couple of weeks ago, sold my '03 Tundra Limited 4x4 that I've had for 18 years! Talk about old faithful..230k+ on the clock. It served me well, never spent a night in the shop for technical/mechanical issues, only a paint job. The new owner called a couple days after picking it up and thanked me for selling him the truck. When he first asked about it I told him there wasn't a FOR SALE sign on it, but he was persistent - 4 months. Eventually my other, and better, half said I should give in and get a new truck. I could've waited on the 2024 but I haven't yet let go of the V engine in my head, coming from the 4.7L V8 in the Tundra.

So here I am, wondering how to spend time and money, and just enjoying the new truck. My real first question is surrounding the fact that there isn't much talk about the Limited Trim: Did I commit an unspeakable crime, went to the dark side, or am I in the family?

For the record I'm committed and even started to spent a little on accessories before I even have the truck in hand - trifold tonneau, blackout kit, TRD Knob, Subaru tweeters, gas cap holder. I've now halted that effort as 'suggested' by my other half 🤣

Looking forward to a great time here. Cheers 🍻

Chris

You get it from your dealer or have it delivered to your house.

https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/accessories/exterior/
I find this one useful it slides on the OEM rails Toyota made (Aluminum / bronze alloy color)
1692471367483.png

MUST have this
1692472623012.png

https://caliraisedled.com/collections/2016-2021-toyota-tacoma-interior-accessories
Must have for the glove box and console (trust me)
1692471650564.png

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~tacoma-trd-awfl-dcab~pt908-35200-02.html
This part number is for a AUTOMATIC Transmission (Manual uses a different model)
I had weather tech and even the Toyota Tacoma type,.....
these are best with raised sides and clean easier than multiple rails that hold sand and dirt like the others,....... Tire Tread is cool as well.
1692472043624.png

welcome to the sickness and hope you get your truck when they said you would

I had to wait two months for one that was on its way from allocation

post pics when you get it!

(props to @Tomahawk Dog for more helpful posts!)

welcome to the sickness and hope you get your truck when they said you would

I had to wait two months for one that was on its way from allocation

post pics when you get it!

(props to @Tomahawk Dog for more helpful posts!)

Based on all I'm seeing so far, I may very well need some Advil soon..

It's shipped already... what I didn't mention is that I'm overseas, located in Jamaica.

I will def post pics when in my possession.

Thanks for the welcome 👊🏽

Based on all I'm seeing so far, I may very well need some Advil soon..

It's shipped already... what I didn't mention is that I'm overseas, located in Jamaica.

I will def post pics when in my possession.

Thanks for the welcome 👊🏽

Did you have to order one from the States? Is so, definitely make sure you give it a good look over before taking delivery and check the vehicle for drugs. ;)

Did you have to order one from the States? Is so, definitely make sure you give it a good look over before taking delivery and check the vehicle for drugs. ;)

Yup, got it checked before it shipped. It was also x-rayed at the port here before being released.

1000150672-01~2.jpg

I've always been curious about importing a vehicle.
I wanted to try and import one to the US. I know procedures will be slightly different but how is the process?

Do you just buy one, filing necessary paperwork and file transportation of the vehicle? Was it from a dealer directly or did you have another party buy and ship it?
How much was shipping and how long did it take?

I've always been curious about importing a vehicle.
I wanted to try and import one to the US. I know procedures will be slightly different but how is the process?

Do you just buy one, filing necessary paperwork and file transportation of the vehicle? Was it from a dealer directly or did you have another party buy and ship it?
How much was shipping and how long did it take?

Importing a vehicle to the US is an entirely different process than exporting. You may find some guidance here:

I would suggest using a broker.

VBR,
Chris

If you ever need parts and sellers charge ridiculous shipping fees let me know if you need a proxy.
I've been helping the overseas bros since 2000.

great looking truck @dynomax!

surprised that you do not have a Hilux there with all of the other Toyota models that are not available in the United States

Back