• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Tacoma owner.

JohnnyUtah253

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hello everyone, Misfit here, just wanted to say what’s up ? I’m stationed in the PNW and looking to get into some overlanding and off road style groups. Nothing serious still have to drive my truck every day. Hit me up if ya close by WA state. I’m looking for a good 3” lift instead of what I’m being offered trying to get my truck ready for the spring.

Attachments

• B2762D0E-5569-45A2-A721-B4407B180ECE.jpeg
    B2762D0E-5569-45A2-A721-B4407B180ECE.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 72
Thanks, looking forward to meeting/ networking on here. Seems legit.

This is a very user friendly site, the members are also very helpful. I’m sure you will find some locals that go wheeling as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or search for the topic and their might be a thread on it! This is not the group to be like “try the search bar” we all try to be informative.

Glad to have you on here ??

Nice I’ll have to look around, I plan on getting a lift and stuff and doing a daily driver over land truck. While still making it look good at the bars and barracks parking lot

Welcome aboard
As far as your lift, weight is relative. If your going to add weight, be sure that your spring rate can handle. Several good front spring options, only a few rear. OME Dakar rear is what I’m running with no issues, and I “use” the truck.
I went with Toyotech Boss 2.5 aluminum series extended travel on the front, spring rate 700lbs
1F05D774-BC00-4BB2-9D15-C8009A1DEEB8.jpeg

I wanna do 18s with 32s I’m trying to do a daily driver to look good on the road but still load up and escape in the woods when I want. Still confused on which one would be right. Spacers seem like a good idea but I like the whole idea buy once cry once. I was looking at coil over lifts? I’m new to this so definitely taking all the feedback in positive way.

I wanna do 18s with 32s I’m trying to do a daily driver to look good on the road but still load up and escape in the woods when I want. Still confused on which one would be right. Spacers seem like a good idea but I like the whole idea buy once cry once. I was looking at coil over lifts? I’m new to this so definitely taking all the feedback in positive way.

I ran 32s on 17s on the stock suspension and it took me everywhere I wanted to go. Upgraded for comfort and weight, but my recommendation, get your tires and go, buy what you need when you decide you need it.

I went with a bilstein 5100 lift with the diff drop and on 17x9s with 285s BFG AT KM2s from 4wheel parts and I got it during their tax free sale plus the discount on my tires. I’m pretty pumped.. buy once cry once right ?!

Hell ya ! Thanks for your support. Their amazing trucks you got plans for it ?

Post up some pics when the lift and tires are on. 3" with 285s makes these trucks look amazing. I could look at lifted Tacomas all day...

Oh trust me, I’m gonna hit the page with so many pics. They say “buy once cry once” I like that idea... haha! I most certainly will be keeping all the tacos folks up dated on here. They have to cut into my cab mount also, and I went with no ad a leaf too. I’m not towing nothing so no sense in it. 4wheel parts is doing my lift. Next up is the new Apple car play audio head and speakers, so I can rock out camping here in the PNW... Then will come all the camping stuff. Pics will be on here as soon as my trucks grows up.

That’s awesome bro. Send it when you have it all together will trade pics lol. My truck came pretty much awesome just add lift and 5% front strip and enjoy the stock Mats are hella awesome.

Welcome to the site! You'll be pretty happy with that setup. Should take you just about anywhere you want to go ?

Yah man I’m pumped I can’t wait I’ll post pics as soon as I get it back

Back