• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Tacoma Owner/Member - Pennsylvania

BroadStreetYota

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hey all. My name is Shane, based in SE Pennsylvania. I previously owned a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and wanted something to fit my lifestyle a little better; fishing, hunting, and getting outdoors! I recently upgraded to a new rig and will be continuing the build as the ideas come in. I'm fairly new to the whole truck build scene, so this forum should be perfect for helping me with that.

I'd like to introduce my 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road. The truck came with a few goodies already installed, which knocked off some of the first mods I would have wanted.
-Wheels: TRD Pro
-Tires: BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 LT265/70R17
-Rack: Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack Kit
-Lift: Not sure about this yet, but should have some more info shortly.

My Mods:
-Truxedo TruXport Soft Tonneau Cover
-Tacoma Bed Mat
-TRD Pro Grille from ToyotaProShop.

Looking to keep the build fairly clean for now, no major upgrades...yet. I'm sure this site will change that!
Here's some of the ideas I have for her so far:
-Front windows tinted to match the back.
-Seat covers for those dirty days.
-Bed lights
-Bumper LED light bar
-Cargo crates to throw on the rack when needed.

Glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to following along with everyone.
Cheers.
20200919_111418-2.jpg

20200918094623_IMG_0718-2.jpg

20201002_125739-2.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking truck there! Enjoy that snow!

Welcome. How do you like the rack? Pondering this style over a prinsu (looking at arb's new platform).

Welcome. How do you like the rack? Pondering this style over a prinsu (looking at arb's new platform).
The rack is pretty sweet. Very sturdy and seems like it could withstand years of punishment. Plus, Front Runner has a whole bunch of accessories for it. This was installed when I bought the truck and I have been thinking of other options for up top...I'd be lying if I didn't like the low profile look of the Prinsu more.

Been awhile 3G. Between work and a few snowboarding trips to Vermont and Cali these past few months, havent had much time to spend on the truck. But now it's time!

Time to fish, that is. I was going back and forth on purchasing a fly rod holder in order to keep my rods rigged up this spring/summer, and landed on the Riversmith. Wasn't sure if it was going to work with the Front Runner rack due to the spacing of the bars, so I ended up ordering a Prinsu to get the extra length to the back of the cab...Of course after ordering, it ended up working fine on the Front Runner, but I would still like some more spacing between the legs. The Prinsu will be delivered in a few days so I'm going to put that on and see which one I like better.

Might be selling one of the racks if anyone is interested.

20210402034300_IMG_1403.JPG
20210406_155214.jpg
IMG_20210407_075309_557.jpg

Back