• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Taco in Ahwatukee

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey folks - I picked up a 2021 SR5 V6 4WD Access Cab, a rare bird I know -

So I want to hook up the bed lights, got the kit.. lights / switch / relay switch.
But the idea of removing the tail lights, popping out that little panel, setting this up scares the kajeeebies out of me
because well I'm not handy with tools and my hands don't work so well anymore ( I'm old and feeble ).

Wonder if there is someone nearby and I could come to you who has done this more than once, and would take $50
to do this for me. I know it's not that big of a deal but popping off that panel isn't something I wanna mess up.

I'd come to you as well - I don't work anymore ( retired ) ...

Thanks.

1616539200655.png

1616539226064.png

*me singing your profile name.. I’m not too young lol
Yeah, lot of that going around I think.

@8675309

Taking off the taillights is just two bolts each. 10MM if I remember correctly. I have a video that shows the process...but not well.

What part of the world do you live in? If you happen to be in Oregon I may be able to help.

I'm in Phoenix - the popping out the panel is what gives me the heebee jeebees

Back