• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Regan

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR5 DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hello

I'm new to the forum and figured I would give an introduction. Im Dan and I live in Southern Pines, NC. Currently have a 2020, MGM, DCSB, SR5, 4x4. I'm just getting a feel for the forum and find out the direction I want to go with my build.

Current Set up:
Bilstein 5100s all-around set at .65 to level the front slightly
Bestop Supertop V2
265/75/16 KO2s
OEM TRD Pro Grille
K&N Intake tube and pannel filter
Thule Wingbar evo roof rack

Future ideas:
OME 2 in lift with Dakar leaf pack
Rock Sliders
some type of under armor
maybe slightly larger tires at that point? (Still undecided if it will look weird with a 2 in lift on current tire size)
Some type of locker in the rear (most likely ARB)

Anyway, I look forward to reading up and seeing everyone's builds and hitting some trails.

Attachments

• taco1.jpg
    taco1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 130
  • taco2.jpg
    taco2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 122
welcome to the forum. I see you want to go with a Dakar lift. Can i change your mind on that set up.

@Jay I am totally open to ideas and options. I have known that King and Fox make great products. Right now I'm just in the "Idea" phase and have 5100s as kind of place holders. It probably won't happen till closer till the end of the year when I pull the trigger. looking to stay around 2 inches ish and a tire size that will match well with that.

So tires, are you wanting to stay with the 16s if you want to you can easily fit a 285 no issue. The issue with the OME kit is the leafs. they are so loud. Dobinson and Deaver both make great options that i would opt for. Budget also depends on what you end up with. i would say if you can spend the money on adjusters. King and Fox both have that option. i would stick with a 2.5 the whole way around. Some key items i would include. Hammer Hangers by Archive Garage. I recommend this to everyone. They changed my truck so much. Im not sure if you have UCA's but i would say they are a must. Also extended brake lines. lastly cannot forget a good bumpstop kit and Ubolt flip.

@Jay Thank you! I will start looking into all of your recommendations and I'm sure when the time comes I will be rechecking later with you based on recommendations. I appreciate the help and direction.

Hello

I'm new to the forum and figured I would give an introduction. Im Dan and I live in Southern Pines, NC. Currently have a 2020, MGM, DCSB, SR5, 4x4. I'm just getting a feel for the forum and find out the direction I want to go with my build.

Current Set up:
Bilstein 5100s all-around set at .65 to level the front slightly
Bestop Supertop V2
265/75/16 KO2s
OEM TRD Pro Grille
K&N Intake tube and pannel filter
Thule Wingbar evo roof rack

Future ideas:
OME 2 in lift with Dakar leaf pack
Rock Sliders
some type of under armor
maybe slightly larger tires at that point? (Still undecided if it will look weird with a 2 in lift on current tire size)
Some type of locker in the rear (most likely ARB)

Anyway, I look forward to reading up and seeing everyone's builds and hitting some trails.
Welcome to the group! If you plan on hitting the trails I would suggest putting sliders at the top of your priority list and just figure out what you need from there, the more you ride the more you learn and you will see what you need along the way.

@lost.jake looking right now at the Cali Raised 0-degree "step" sliders with no kick out and no filler plates. (personally like that look the best)

The reason for the 0 over 25 degree is because I use the roof rack fairly often and would like to have easier access getting up on top of the cab. Do you have any experience with them or recommendations other than the Cali raised? Overall they seem like good quality, I just wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger.

I appreciate the help.

@lost.jake looking right now at the Cali Raised 0-degree "step" sliders with no kick out and no filler plates. (personally like that look the best)

The reason for the 0 over 25 degree is because I use the roof rack fairly often and would like to have easier access getting up on top of the cab. Do you have any experience with them or recommendations other than the Cali raised? Overall they seem like good quality, I just wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger.

I appreciate the help.
I have demello off-road on mine. 0 or 25 degree isn’t going to matter a great deal just as long as you have them on the truck. It’s what I hit on mostly on the trail. There is a thread on here about the different slider options out there just search for it and it will help you out

welcome to the board and loving the truck so far! Good luck with the build and looking forward to more pics. I like how those canvas toppers look a bunch, nice one!

Welcome! How do you like the Bestop? I've been wanting to get one but I don't know if I can justify paying $900 for one... lol

@KnighT4CO I like it a lot. It’s perfect for what I need it for. It’s nice to be able to completely remove or roll up the side panels. Keeps us and our gear out of the sun/ rain, perfect spot for the dogs after coming back from the lake as well. I did also get the OEM Tacoma bed mat which really finished off the bed well.

As far as price. I know there are discount codes out there and I think Car Id has free shipping as well. After tax mine was just under 800. Definitely pricey, but well worth it for my wants and needs.

Figured I’d give a little update as my Taco is slowly getting there. Just installed my Cali Raised 0 degree step sliders, powder coated, with no filler plates or kickouts. Really loving it so far.

Attachments

• 4E499789-D0A8-4CD0-85E7-85607F7898CE.jpeg
    4E499789-D0A8-4CD0-85E7-85607F7898CE.jpeg
    884.8 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 100
Figured I’d give a little update as my Taco is slowly getting there. Just installed my Cali Raised 0 degree step sliders, powder coated, with no filler plates or kickouts. Really loving it so far.
Super sweet. Love the steps.

Back