• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New member, no Taco yet.

Ozzfest760

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
How's it going everyone!

New to the boards and wanted to get info off the many threads on here for my future purchase. Thinking of getting a TRD Pro in MT. Might wait till the 2020s drop. Not in a hurry. So we'll see what kind of pricing they have for the new ones. If too high, then I'll probably get the 19 Voodoo Blue.
Thank for letting me join. Looking forward to reading all the post.

Ozzfest760

Welcome to the forum. Gather all your info you need to make a decision, then post a bunch of pictures when you get one.

I bought kind of blind but “I” liked the truck and it’s features before I seen these forums.

i think i know you ;)

What's up Rob! Hope all is going well for you and the fam ?

Welcome to the forum. Gather all your info you need to make a decision, then post a bunch of pictures when you get one.

I bought kind of blind but “I” liked the truck and it’s features before I seen these forums.

Thanks! Finding lots of great info already. ?

How's it going everyone!

New to the boards and wanted to get info off the many threads on here for my future purchase. Thinking of getting a TRD Pro in MT. Might wait till the 2020s drop. Not in a hurry. So we'll see what kind of pricing they have for the new ones. If too high, then I'll probably get the 19 Voodoo Blue.
Thank for letting me join. Looking forward to reading all the post.

Ozzfest760
Welcome! Do you plan on doing any aftermarket mods to the truck like upgrading suspension? If so it might be smarter to look into getting a TRD Off Road vs the Pro, you’d still get the rear locker and crawl control and save a lot of money. I bought a TRD Pro and I love it, so not trying to talk you out of anything just offering advice. If you do plan on adding a lift or doing aftermarket modifications it might be smarter to save money by getting an Off Road and using the money on mods. That all being said - have you seen the OD Green color they are offering the 2020 TRD Pro in? It looks awesome and might be worth the extra money just for the color. That was what originally caused me to get a Pro I wanted the cement color and in 2017 it was only available on the Pro. Again, welcome to the forum there’s a ton of great info on here

I agree with @17cementpro on TRD OR vs Pro. I bought a Pro blindly before joining forums and can see how the price difference can be a benefit toward upgrading suspension. Personally, I just didn't want to mess with anything underneath since I'm really new to all this. (Also, having the "exclusivity", per se, of being in a Pro.) Now, I'm just trying to stay within the capabilities of the Pro's suspension and may upgrade wayyyyyy down the future. I don't see myself doing the off roading often either.

Anyways, welcome to to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome @17cementpro and @brocent .

I've modded cars growing up and I think I'm at a point now where I'd rather just buy something capable and leave it as is. Not trying to climb the tallest mountain or go through deep water crossings. Crawl control isn't that big of a selling point since I will most likely go with the manual trans. We'll see how things pan out in the next few months.

Back