• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New member in Ohio

Freebird

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.venturerider.org
2022 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
OK...I said IN OHIO because I was born and raised in Texas and will always be a Texan. Have lived in Ohio for about 22 years though. Some would say that I just "downgraded" to a Toyota Tacoma. My previous truck was as 2018 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition that I bought new. I bought it primarily to pull a travel trailer but it turned out that we just didn't have time to go camping. Bought the trailer, pulled it home, and it never moved again in over a year. So I decided to sell it. My wife drives a Camaro convertible so often has to drive the truck in the winter around here and she really wasn't crazy about driving the bigger Tundra so....I decided to get rid of it and ended up with a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road. She loves it and I have to admit that I find it a bit more exciting that they Tundra though not as comfortable.

Have only had it for about 4 days so don't have a lot of input yet. I've driven it about 400 miles though so have a bit of a feel for it. Overall, I like it a lot. Read a lot about complaints with the transmission and etc. but I have no real complaints with that so far. If I do, I'll like add the OVTune or something but so far, I'm pleased with it.

I've already added some running boards and have bought, but not picked up yet, an Undercover one piece hard tonneau cover. Had the same cover on the Tundra and really liked it.

Will post pictures at some point but for now, it looks pretty much just like every other white TRD Off Road.

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g. I would definitely say it’s not a downgrade coming from a Tundra, just having different uses for the vehicle. I came from full sizes I just didn’t need anymore.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you need any help deciding how to empty your wallet.

Back