• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Member in Arizona - East Valley

Papa Brewski

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I just purchased my 1st Tacoma (TRD Off Road) and am looking forward to reading the threads here, and learning what to do and not do with the truck. I've always owned full size trucks, and just downsized from my 2015 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4. Now that all the kids are out of the house, I decided I didn't really need a full size truck, and made the move to the Tacoma. I've already purchased the remote start kit (accessorides) and tailgate power lock from supporting vendors. I havn't yet decided if I'll tie the tailgate pop-n-lock kit into the power door locks, or put it on it's own switch in the cab. I've heard rumors that always locking and unlocking with the doors, can cause premature wear on the tailgate lock itself, so any input on that would be appreciated.
Other than that, I look forward to interacting with members here on the forum.

Welcome to the site and thanks for your support! Provided the tailgate lock is mounted correctly it will last a long time and should you need to replace the actuator in the future it isn't all that much.

Back