• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Member from Colorado, 2019 TRDOR DCLB

Jrod5337

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Greetings from Colorado! I just joined the site with my 2019 TRDOR DCLB that I bought in late September. I'm a long time Toyota guy, starting out with a 2002 Tacoma TRD that I had for 14 years until my family outgrew it. My wife drives a 2014 4Runner Trail Edition and I also had a 1986 FJ60 that I sold a couple of years ago and occasionally miss (mostly when I see another one on the road).

So far I've only done interior stuff to the Tacoma: Carhartt Seat covers (I have two daughters, ages 5 and 7, that are disgusting animals), Weathertech floor trays, DMM, Hondo garage phone mount, and a Bracketeer fire extinguisher mount. I've also ordered an RLD Designs topper that I am impatiently waiting for. This truck is a daily driver, camping, and hunting rig, so I plan on driving throughout the winter and spring, trying out different loadout configurations, so I can get a feel for what I may need to do in terms of suspension and tires. It came with the Predator Tube steps which I was going to take off and sell to help fund some sliders, but I went elk hunting two weeks after I bought the truck and damn near sheared one of the steps off on day two.

Anyway, its great to see a new site dedicated to 3rd gens and I'm excited to be a part of it.
Tacoma Pic.jpg
Tube Steps.jpg

Other than a Tuffy Console, 17" wheels, and some Wagon Gear panels in the cargo area, it was 100% Toyota. I put a Front Runner roof rack on it for our RTT. Still have the RTT. I really loved that FJ, but as my family grew, I just couldn't spend the time needed to give it the care it deserved. When I bought it in 2011, it had 97,000 original miles on it. Some paint oxidation but the interior was almost perfect. I should probably be beaten for selling it, but it went to a good home.

FJ60.jpg

Other than a Tuffy Console, 17" wheels, and some Wagon Gear panels in the cargo area, it was 100% Toyota. I put a Front Runner roof rack on it for our RTT. Still have the RTT. I really loved that FJ, but as my family grew, I just couldn't spend the time needed to give it the care it deserved. When I bought it in 2011, it had 97,000 original miles on it. Some paint oxidation but the interior was almost perfect. I should probably be beaten for selling it, but it went to a good home.

FJ60.jpg

That things a beaut. As long as it went to someone who will care for it is all that matters!

@WarFabArmor I'm in Colorado Springs, but I try to get out your way as much as I can. Mostly Gunnison/CB. Montrose is a great town also, though.

@WarFabArmor I'm in Colorado Springs, but I try to get out your way as much as I can. Mostly Gunnison/CB. Montrose is a great town also, though.
Love Gunni, do you come to ouray at all? Also if you havent hit escalante canyon yet I recommend that as well. Mostly easy 2wd/4hi kinda stuff but gorgeous.

ooooo my goodness that fj60! Someone by me was selling one right hand drive from Australia such amazing condition i have never wanted something so bad

Welcome from Littleton, CO! We are a Taco / 4Runner family here too.

If you are adding mods to the interior check out our console and glove box organizers. Everything made here in Denver. Inexpensive and will definitely increase interior storage - www.salexorganizers.com or our Amazon store

Welcome to the forum. I dig the longbed Quicksand. Let us know if you need help with anything, and holy crap your '86 is a gem.

Well, after double the normal wait time due to not getting loaded onto the ship in South Africa when it was originally supposed to and then catching the COVID in a Chinese port, my RLD Designs topper is finally here! The RLD toppers are stainless steel and have a dynamic load rating of 700lbs, not that I would ever consider putting that much on my roof. Since I have a long bed, there are two flip up side doors per side. I also got mine with the sliding windows. For some reason, they only do the windows on one door per side. I also got mine color matched. I've only owned it for about 6 hours, so I can't do a detailed review, but so far I really like it and I'm excited about the possibilities of outfitting it to maximize the cargo space efficiency.

20200501_152825.jpg
20200501_152842.jpg
20200501_152911.jpg
20200501_152929.jpg
20200501_153145.jpg

Well, after double the normal wait time due to not getting loaded onto the ship in South Africa when it was originally supposed to and then catching the COVID in a Chinese port, my RLD Designs topper is finally here! The RLD toppers are stainless steel and have a dynamic load rating of 700lbs, not that I would ever consider putting that much on my roof. Since I have a long bed, there are two flip up side doors per side. I also got mine with the sliding windows. For some reason, they only do the windows on one door per side. I also got mine color matched. I've only owned it for about 6 hours, so I can't do a detailed review, but so far I really like it and I'm excited about the possibilities of outfitting it to maximize the cargo space efficiency.

20200501_152825.jpg

20200501_152842.jpg
20200501_152911.jpg
20200501_152929.jpg
20200501_153145.jpg
Hey there, I'm trying to plan a future Tacoma purchase and then all the fixings for overlanding. The rld caught my attention. It's been over a year since posted, any review/ updates on the topper? What other additions have you done?

Back