• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New iPhone announced today

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Screw it, gonna make a thread about it even though I'm sure none of us really care, lol.

New iPhone announced today.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Apple fanboy but I do like the iPhone much better than Android phones.

Announcement recap: Nothing special, again. Apple lost its wow factor years ago. Although the technology is insane and I can't believe these phones can do the things they do, I haven't been impressed with their new stuff in ages. This new iPhone 12 is using the same exact design the iPhone 4 used. And the only thing they really talked about during the keynote is a slight camera upgrade from the current iPhone. Meh.

If you follow these things, thoughts?

Using my iPhone on a gimbal results in better videos than the dji osmo action camera I have. I haven't watch anything regarding the 12 so I can't really say much for certain.

Using my iPhone on a gimbal results in better videos than the dji osmo action camera I have. I haven't watch anything regarding the 12 so I can't really say much for certain.
Oh yeah, the cameras are already insane before this new 12 phone. I was able to drop the clunky DSLR (that my wife already owned) to use the iPhone 11 as a daily driver for film and photo, especially with the gimbal. Not only is the quality amazing, but the ease of use to film in general, the time it takes to start filming something you weren't expecting (almost instantly), the size for traveling/bringing a camera on a hike, the battery life, and the ease of editing, all blow away a DSLR nowadays.

Of course, if you are really into photography, the DSLR is still much better. But I'm not. My film/photo is just an accessory to the truck stuff.

Saw a large number of DSLR rigs out at the Moulton barns and capturing far off wildlife that my iPhone couldn't do.
IMG_1581.jpg

This is from an iPhone 11. Good enough for me and I didn't have to hike a separate camera, lenses and tripod.

Saw a large number of DSLR rigs out at the Moulton barns and capturing far off wildlife that my iPhone couldn't do.
IMG_1581.jpg

This is from an iPhone 11. Good enough for me and I didn't have to hike a separate camera, lenses and tripod.
This is what I'm saying. To people like us, this photo is beautiful and its insane that we can do this with a tiny little computer in our pocket, and with no extra required accessories.

I understand someone into photography could probably look at this photo and pick apart everything that is wrong with it. And to someone like that I say kudos because photography is hard. If you're an expert at it, that's also impressive to me.

Apple is lame with the small changes they make each year. The retro iPhone 4/4s look is pretty dumb. They definitely need something to really blow everyone’s socks off.

Apple is lame with the small changes they make each year. The retro iPhone 4/4s look is pretty dumb. They definitely need something to really blow everyone’s socks off.
Agreed about the look. And I think the android phones already stopped having a notch at the top soooo ahem.

Back