• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New here, seeking to share and gain knowledge...

SeaMac

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
Hi All,

Just joined, as the subject line indicates I'm looking to share and gain knowledge from others who like me own a 3rd Gen Tacoma. Mine happens to be a 2016 ACLB TRD OR with quite a few self-installed upgrades and modifications...

Hey Bio,

I'll be sure to don my MOPP 4 gear before completing this reply. As for build progress photos, they're confined in my desktop which decided to shit the bed while my GF was using it, I'll need to take them again storing them in Google Drive this time 'round.

A quick description of what's been done to date.

1) OME BP-51 2.5" Lift Kit with SPC UCA's
2) FN Konig Six Shooter 17" rims custom painted with OEM TRD Off Road rims center caps modified to fit.
3) Nitto Ridge Grapplers (LT285/70R17 C 116/113Q)
4) Cab Mount Chop completed and front fenderwells trimmed to accommodate tires. Filler plates here but not yet welded.
5) TRD Cold Air Intake
6) TRD Exhaust
7) Red Line gas assisted hood supports 'cause the OEM prop rod ain't as cool
8) Bed LED lights with OEM Double Cab switch plate, switch and relay providing On/Off/Auto functionality
9) LED upgrade lighting for all exterior lighting
10) Katzkin custom color leather front seat upholstery
11) OEM TRD OR grill painted flat black leaving trim and center logo chrome
12) North Star AGM battery with 2nd Gen larger battery tray to support
13) Keyless remote controlled tailgate lock
14) TRD Sport hood with scoop

I have much more to do the most complex is redesigning OEM tubular side steps to be used as air reservoirs and attached to frame instead of body to function as sliders. It is and remains a work in progress...

Photos!

I has taken photos, well...two at least however neither the Photo shortcut in the menu bar nor the "attach files" button will allow me to upload them, they are in .jpeg format stored in Google Drive. Help?!?

Last edited:
need them on your computer desktop or on your phone for that to work. i think :)

I just tried my phone, was using tablet before. Same issue and error message with both...

hmm. not sure. i’m sure one of the admins will be able to help. in any case, nice build. looking forward to seeing how it all looks :)

Well....unfortunately I don't do Facebook or most social media for that matter. I did check the file sizes of the two photos I tried to post one is 948kb the other 890kb perhaps the file size is too large. I'll try taking pics tomorrow with lower resolution and see if that fixes the problem. I could find nowhere indicating maximum file size for photos.

Good point Tape! Then those who wish to see pics of my Tacoma will need to be patient it's not like my Tacoma is better than any other's it's just that it's mine... :unsure:

Okay, figured it out...the file size was too big. Changed resolution settings on camera...
KIMG0369.JPG
KIMG0370.JPG

I forgot to add two items to my build list...

1) Hellwig front sway bar thicker than OEM
2) Hellwig rear sway bar because I tow a LOT and it made a huge difference in body roll control

Back