• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New here, old guy from Arkansas

Warhawk

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Howdy! Found this place the other day after following a great build thread on a quicksand Tacoma. I’ve owned 7 Toyota pickups, and one FJ Cruiser. I made a big mistake last time and bought a Nissan Titan. But I’m going to rectify that before too much longer.

i won’t be doing any hard core off reading, I just want to have the confidence to keep going when most would turn back. I’ll use my Tacoma to haul our kayaks, pull my little boat, and go to the shooting range. I want a long bed, so I’ve got to choose between an access cab and a DCLB. I also plan to add a bakflip cover, had one on an earlier Tacoma and loved it. I’ll be retiring soon, and my wife and I plan to do a lot of traveling in the Tacoma.

Love this forum, the other one has too many posts to wade through and too much BS. Keep up the good work.

Here are pics of few of my Tacos.

Attachments

• 5AB8783C-61CD-4F09-91B7-88292C15F642.jpeg
    5AB8783C-61CD-4F09-91B7-88292C15F642.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 2604FFEC-4BF4-4AE5-A0DF-FD6041126CDC.jpeg
    2604FFEC-4BF4-4AE5-A0DF-FD6041126CDC.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 76B018EC-EF4E-461F-B41E-6772C58662F6.jpeg
    76B018EC-EF4E-461F-B41E-6772C58662F6.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the praises. Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

That is what makes this forum a step or two above the rest.

The old rigs look good, can’t wait to see your new one ?? I’m going to assume it will be silver?

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

That is what makes this forum a step or two above the rest.

The old rigs look good, can’t wait to see your new one ?? I’m going to assume it will be silver?

Quicksand if it’s new, if I find a used one I can deal with about anything but black.

Quicksand if it’s new, if I find a used one I can deal with about anything but black.

Nice, I often regret not getting a different color, something less “plain” when I see them running around town.

I agree on the black, it looks great but I couldn’t own one. So hard to keep clean and shows everything!

Nice, I often regret not getting a different color, something less “plain” when I see them running around town.

I agree on the black, it looks great but I couldn’t own one. So hard to keep clean and shows everything!

we had a black car, in Florida, when I was in the Air Force. That thing would get as hot as a nuclear reactor. what really hurt is we had to trade our nearly new ‘84 Toyota pickup to get it.

A few years later I had a black Ford Ranger. i could wash it and in 15 minutes it would get dirty from sitting in the driveway. No more black for me.

we had a black car, in Florida, when I was in the Air Force. That thing would get as hot as a nuclear reactor. what really hurt is we had to trade our nearly new ‘84 Toyota pickup to get it.

A few years later I had a black Ford Ranger. i could wash it and in 15 minutes it would get dirty from sitting in the driveway. No more black for me.

Thanks for your service!

Ive had one black car and I can’t stand it. It’s actually my wife’s car now, she doesn’t like odd colors as much as I do, so she picked black. I personally like to keep the skin on my fingers when I open the doors ?

I bought a new Tacoma yesterday, the only new TRD OR access cab in a 100 mile radius. I’ve got a few goodies on order already.

- bakflip G2 bed cover
- rubber bed mat
- rugged ridge floor mats

Any recommendations on side steps? My little 5' nothing wife is having a hard time getting in and out of the Tacoma.

TgfsGJa.jpg

uLS3r2E.jpg

1kwAizk.jpg

uQhZni1.jpg

Toyota's predator tube steps are nice looking and you can usually find them cheap b/c owner's that are going off-road replace them with rock sliders. I sold mine for $375.

Toyota's predator tube steps are nice looking and you can usually find them cheap b/c owner's that are going off-road replace them with rock sliders. I sold mine for $375.

live never even seen a pic of those on an access cab. The dealer had them on every one of a dozen TRD double cabs on the lot, but not this Access cab.

I’ve done a little personalizing. Tried a set of Rugged Ridge floor mats, the fit was terrible and I returned them (Amazon). Also added a rubber bed mat and a Bakflip G2 cover. I went up to my brothers and put it on his lift to install the Tyger step rails.

I‘m probably done with the accessories for now. Next will be tires, I plan to stick with the stock wheels and go with an all terrain tire, most likely a 265/75.

I’ve added a few more goodies to the new Taco.

- 3d Maxpider floor mats, very nice
- glove box divider, don’t bother the compartment sizes are all wrong
- Molle seat back organizer, very handy
- fixed up a good first aid kit with the help of my wife who is a retired RN
- two of the Dewalt boxes that fit behind the seatsin the access cab
* one has tie downs and stuff for hauling kayaks
* one has an ARB recovery strap, a shackle insert for the receiver hitch, gloves and a few other goodies
- DMM dash Mount, that I haven’t installed yet, I want to include a hidden USB dual port adapter and route my power wires behind the dash

Im still learning about the truck, just today I learned that you can disable the adaptive cruise for “normal” cruise control. Also learned recently that I got a 3 month free trial of XM radio with the truck.

I am completely underwhelmed with Toyota’s GPS mapping setup. I’ll be sticking with a Garmin unit.

Tires, still going over which tires I want. First question is P series or LT load range C. If I go with P series tires I will probably go with Falken Wild Peaks. In 16 inch tires, load range C tires choices are slim, if I go this route it will be Toyo Open Country A/T.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliments.

Your old Tacomas are sweet and congrats on getting the new one in the color you wanted. I'm happy you got the AC - not enough of those around - and since you and the wife will be retired soon, you probably don't need the full rear seat anyway.

Looks like the mods are coming along nicely already. One thing you may not be aware of with the new truck is the rear view mirror has two adjustment locations. You can move it around as you would in any vehicle, but you can also move it physically closer or away from the roof of the truck. I don't know if your old Tacomas did that but I didn't know mine did until about a year of owning it. I was very happy when I realized I could make it higher.

Back